Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a boards.ie singles mingle 28th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

sure we could jsut have it that the people in couples get to do the match making for the single people.

how could be possible go wrong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

The boy girl ratio thing,

You could have a first come first server policy so when one girl signs up then a guy's place becomes available.

I've been speed dating and by all accounts it's harder to get guys to attend. Which is not really what you'd expect.

I think it's a good idea, and you could have a thread to see who is going to break the ice. If I wasn't permasingle and chicken I'd love to go. :o

panda100 wrote: »
    The coupled up boardies are just jealous of our single,exhilarant,hedonistic freedom and want to spoil all our fun :mad: :)

?Oh yeah!.....On second thoughts maybe singles beers isn't for me. :P

If I wasn't permasingle and chicken I'd love to go. :o

Why be chicken, who is to know your Van Neumann if you don't tell them.Then how is it different than speed dating?How have you found that btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm also a little curious why (some of) the coupled people are so against this idea. To me it sounds like a bit of fun, i might even attend if it goes ahead :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    I'm also a little curious why (some of) the coupled people are so against this idea.
    I'm just a big spoilsport really and don't like the idea of missing out on the fun :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Why be chicken, who is to know your Van Neumann if you don't tell them.Then how is it different than speed dating?How have you found that btw?

It was all a bit random,

A very mixed crowd, age wise etc

It was a week night so it was hard to relax after a day in the trenches.

There where too many people (16), which made it amazingly tiring.

But overall not a bad exprience.

I think the company I did it with does single's events now which sounds great.

Paintballing for example, if you fancy them and they don't fancy you, ya can just shoot them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

can I direct everyone´s attention to the thread in Events (there´s a poll on it too for people who are interested).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm just a big spoilsport really and don't like the idea of missing out on the fun
    That's a good reason really ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I don't get why people are so opposed to a singles event.

As IB said, there are beers practically every week.
    Is it the time? Will People be jonesing for a beers fix that weekend?

Since when did offering an alternative and asking some questions idicate that someone was against anything?

If i was against i would have said it was a ****e idea.

I'm merely offering some advice is all.

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    Since when did offering an alternative and asking some questions idicate that someone was against anything?

If i was against i would have said it was a ****e idea.

I'm merely offering some advice is all.

I was intially going to answer your quoted question with an incoherent ramble on being made to feel dysfunctional and singled out at weddings because of your status. And compare that feeling to to being allowed to wear a label at beers.
    I thought I'd spare you the melodrama but forgot to remove the quote.
    Sorry.

well if anyone is in favor of such an event or at least further debate on how the event could be organised I just made a sig to support it (i don't have anything better then ms paint but it links directly with the thread in Events :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The boy girl ratio thing,

You could have a first come first server policy so when one girl signs up then a guy's place becomes available.

I've been speed dating and by all accounts it's harder to get guys to attend. Which is not really what you'd expect.

I think it's a good idea, and you could have a thread to see who is going to break the ice. If I wasn't permasingle and chicken I'd love to go. :o
    Spot the computer nerd...:p

farohar wrote: »
    Spot the computer nerd...:p

So the chronicly single farohar is in.....good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I can't wait to read the worst sex/dates thread after this:D Only kidding, hope it turns out to be a good night for whoever goes

So the chronicly single farohar is in.....good. :)

:eek:
    And spoil my 6 year streak!?!?:eek:

Nah, far more fun would be had in my absense than my presence.:cool:

farohar wrote: »
    :eek:
    And spoil my 6 year streak!?!?:eek:

Nah, far more fun would be had in my absense than my presence.:cool:

Zaph can I borrow your ban club? One of these pesky manservants is refusing to do my bidding.:mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Folks, while it's good to get a bit of debate going about this, there are probably several threads sitewide doing the same, so may I direct you to this thread in Events, where it would probably be best to continue the discussion.

Thanks

farohar, looks like you're in there ;)

Zaph wrote: »
    farohar, looks like you're in there ;)
    Or Moonbaby has some red paint/pigs' blood she's been trying to get rid of and just saw Carrie over the Halloween weekend.;)

just to update you

this event will be on the 28th of November (Friday) in Doyles from 8.15(upstairs)...

please see the events forum for more details. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Excited already ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ellscurr wrote: »
    Excited already ;)

Does that mean I'm dumped already? :(

Zaph wrote: »
    Does that mean I'm dumped already? :(

Only if you don't show up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,144 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would love to go but bit far for a singles night.

I would love to go but bit far for a singles night.

Derry ain't much further than Belfast and I shall be trekking down. Cmon, it'll be fun.

Derry ain't much further than Belfast and I shall be trekking down. Cmon, it'll be fun.

That an offer :P joking.

I am going to Dublin this weekend fingers crossed *cough cough* phone into work sick hehe

That an offer :P joking.

I am going to Dublin this weekend fingers crossed *cough cough* phone into work sick hehe

We can car pool. I could do with a jaunt to Foyleside :D

We can car pool. I could do with a jaunt to Foyleside :D

Woohoo a sexy lady coming to pick me up, go me :o

• Advertisement

*wonders if the ladies are a bit too eager to get lads there... perhaps it's a feminist plot to commit an act of mass gendericide*:p

Advertisement