Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter League

• 03-11-2008 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Anyone know when the Waterford Road Runners' Winter League is starting this year? Their website is way out of date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Just found the answer to my question on the Waterford AC website. It starts this Thursday, the 6th, at 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yeah this Thursday, gutted I have to miss it due to injury :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ya, starting this thursday at 7pm.
    they are asking anyone interested to arrive for registration at 6.30pm.

you can register online on the waterford ac website but you still need to come a bit early each night to tell em your there.

anyone even half thinking of trying to get fit should come along, bring a friend with you, the rewards at the end are well worth it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

http://www.waterfordac.com/pages/WinterLeague.php

You can register on line here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

cracking turn out for the winter league last night 600 registered already . and the weather wasnt to bad for the run. anyone else do it and what did they think?

• Advertisement

yeah i did it also, great turnout in fairness, i was guessing at 600-700 there, they had to set people off in 3 groups so as not to be a danger to the runners and drivers on the road , the weather was poor-average at best, i suppose at least it wasnt cold (for now) !!

looking forward to next week !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I was out walking my dog and never saw so many people in all my life running :)
    anyone know what distance they run? and how many times a week? wouldn't be able to join anytime soon but would like to some time in the future

you have an option of 2.5 miles or 5.2 miles , have a look at the link further up for more information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

SUNGOD wrote: »
    cracking turn out for the winter league last night 600 registered already . and the weather wasnt to bad for the run. anyone else do it and what did they think?

I did it too... Started in the first group, and rather stupidly at the back of it. It was like a marathon start, no pace or passing for the first half mile. That, and the extra half-stone I've put up from eating sh*te since the Run For Life is my excuse for a poor time! :o

Fantastic turnout though. Some will drop off, but there'll be new faces too. It just gets bigger every year!

Roll on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Is it too late to sign up for this now? I couldn’t make last week:(

• Advertisement

you can sign up any time you want, register at the waterford ac site or just turn up at the rsc at about 6.30/6.40pm on thurs and sign up there and then, i think its a fiver for your 1st night and then €3 for each night after that .

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

daftdave wrote: »
    you can sign up any time you want, register at the waterford ac site or just turn up at the rsc at about 6.30/6.40pm on thurs and sign up there and then, i think its a fiver for your 1st night and then €3 for each night after that .

Cheers dave.

Advertisement