Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C905 for 230 dollars!?

• 03-11-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about quebaystock.com, happened across them when I was looking for a new phone. I e-mailed them an enquiry and this is what I got back:

Dear Sean,
    Thanks For The Prompt Mail Enquiry,

Sony Ercisson C905-- $195
    Shipping/Handling Charges: $35
    Grand Total: $230
    Delivery Time: 48 Hours
    Shipping Service: FedEx Courier Services
    Payment Method: Western Union Money Transfer

This Is A Brand New Unlocked Sony Ercisson C905, Factory Sealed With Complete Accessories And Product Comes With 1 Full Year International Warranty From Manufacturer.

The Sony Ercisson C905 Is Compatible With Any Service Provider As They Are Unlocked To Any Network, Which Means You Can Insert Any Sim Card.

Kindly Confirm Order Summary As Stated Above As Well As Your Delivery Address Such As Required Below Where You Want Product Delivered So We Can Process Your Order.

Full Names Of Receiver:
    Street Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zipcode:
    Phone No:

We Sincerely Hope To Hear From You Soonest.

Best Regards,
    Freddy Paipa.

I really sceptical about whether they are legit or not, googled them and that and there is little to no info on them. Their pricing seems way too good to be true and the lack of info on them really points to this being a scam of some kind. Still though, you never know! Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

usually things that accept western union aren't the best............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

metalfest wrote: »
    usually things that accept western union aren't the best............

Agreeeeeed!. read the link below, should answer it for you...

http://smartmobilegadgets.wordpress.com/2008/10/03/yahoo-supporting-online-fraud-for-mobile-phone-sales/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

Yeah quebaystock is actually mentioned in a comment at the bottom of that page HBK. Thanks for that! Just bought an LG Viewty with Meteor anyways, I hear they're fairly trustworthy!

hmmm , how's the viewty handling at first looks?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

I ordered it off the website, so I won't be getting it until some time during the week. I'll let you know how it goes, I've read good reviews but I don't see many knocking about so it's hard to know, fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I smell a scam.

Some of those prices are ridiculous - the Nokia Carbon Arte costs over €1,000.

Either they're selling copy phones or they're just taking your money and not sending you anything in return.

They're using the Yahoo logo to attempt to instil confidence in people. There's no contact address, no contact number, no company details, no names of contact people, a generic Ymail email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,467 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its the biggest scam around

i'd love to see what happens when you pay..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Had a quick look at the site anyway and noticed this when I put a phone in the basket:

quebaystock.com is not open for business.

Ordering is allowed for testing purposes only.

Seems a little strange.... :confused:

Advertisement