Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice on peugeot please?!?!

Options
  • 03-11-2008 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi was looking for some advice on my car as I really know nothing and would like to find out if I can what money I may be looking at to get it fixed. I drive a 01 peugeot 206 1.1l. No major problems with it before. A few months ago whenever I was driving I could hear a clicking noise coming from one of the back wheels, sounded like there was something caught but when I eventually got it serviced last week the guy told me it was a bubble on my wheel. He said I'd probably need a new one and recommended a place but before I've had a chance theres more problems.

Was only driving up the road to my friends house when I noticed there was like a pull on the car taking off, I nearly cut out when taking off at lights. On the way home when I was putting the car in second gear it popped back out, this happened a few times. Was told it could mean my gearbox is gone but would appreciate another opinion and if you know what the damage may be in around.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Clicking at rear could be a multitude of things: wheel bearing (more of a rumble), rubbing brakes (more scratching sound), shock (more of a knocking sound).

Also, it could be your clutch that's on it's way out. If you're pulling off and feel it loose pull and rev it'll be your clutch slipping. Every car goes through at least one clutch change during an average life cycle.

I would have said gear synchromesh gone or on way out but that'd cause it not to go into gear...

Advertisement