Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

parking in petrol stations

Options
  • 03-11-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

Whenever I pull into a petrol station and I'm not getting any fuel I always park at the edge out of the way and I'm being driven soft by ***** finding the most inconvenient place possible to park and blocking everyones exit. I want to get out and beat them around the head with their own car. How can they not know what their doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

They do know what they are doing, they just don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,935 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone else get annoyed by people parking in the car wash queue and THEN going to get their ticket? It isn't so bad if there is a big queue, but I was heading into one the other day, a guy in a jeep cut in front of me, parked up and went to get his ticket - no one in the car wash at the time. JERK

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Hammertime wrote: »
    They do know what they are doing, they just don't care.

+1

No different to the guy who parks half up on the pavement, and on top of the double yellow lines...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tauren wrote: »
    anyone else get annoyed by people parking in the car wash queue and THEN going to get their ticket? It isn't so bad if there is a big queue, but I was heading into one the other day, a guy in a jeep cut in front of me, parked up and went to get his ticket - no one in the car wash at the time. JERK

you should of reversed into the car wash from the other side LOL
    dont know if its possible or not, but it would of sickened him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

kceire wrote: »
    you should of reversed into the car wash from the other side LOL
    dont know if its possible or not, but it would of sickened him :D

Better still let the jerk's tyres down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

anyone else get annoyed by people parking in the car wash queue and THEN going to get their ticket?

I had a run in with a guy on this issue and after HE called the cop's, they took my side. You should have seen his face when they told him he was in the wrong.

In general, the parking around petrol stations is pathetic. In fairness, some of the shop's are now like supermarket's and alot of people are not buying petrol and showing little consideration to those who are buying and then blocking their exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

It's worse when someone parks beside the pumps just to go into the shop. I was at a small station where this numpty of a girl parked at the only free pump, got out of her Golf and went into the shop. She then started shouting out to the 3 other girls in the car what icepops they wanted. In and out she came, showing them the different ones.

She then got back in, closed the door and sat there for good minute, engine off. I was sitting behind her the whole time, so I flashed my lights at her. No response.

I was so bewildered I just sat there for about 3 minutes with the engine running to see how long she was going to sit there. There was a queue of other cars behind me so I blared the horn at her. She got out of the car, put a wrapper in the bin, looked at me, and pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I spent 10 minutes waiting for a motorist to come out of the Texaco in Lucan after doing her shopping. She didn't even acknowledge me as she sauntered over to the car to drive off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

once i had an issue at a service station where i had filled my tank and joined the queue to pay in the shop. There was this large lorry in the inner bay and he couldnt drive out because i was blocking him from moving out. a salesman from the showroom came in and said i was holding up the queue and i turned around and said '' ok, what do you want me to do, lose my place in a long queue, or just drive off without paying''.

There is also the problems of bad management in these shop forecourts, assistants with no word of english, or visa machines/tills not working, sometimes customers handing in 500 euro notes for 5 euros of petrol.:confused: You will also find people who dont do self service and expect an assistant who's on his/her own in the shop to do everything.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

there is actually a queue of people wanting to wash their cars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

There's a petrol station in Kilkenny and the parking there drives me nuts every time I go in. It's your usual set up with two pumps side by side but without fail 99% of the drivers pull up and park across both pumps. It's a really busy petrol station so it drives me mad cause it really holds everything up. Just for the record, anyone who uses Top Oil in Kilkenny - the actual petrol pump can be pulled forward so you too can pull your car forward without blocking both pumps. Use your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Petrol station in Clane is a joke, there is a small amount of parking to park approx 20cars but that is to cover the petrol station/shop , library, chinese restaurant/takeaway and a medical centre!!! And yes the forecourt is in the middle of all this, it's madness........ :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

When he cut in front of you, you should have told him that there is a queue and his place in the queue is behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I used to run my own station. The Shell station in Thomondgate Limerick, just down from Thomond Park.

People used to park all over the station and go watch a match. One woman parked her car in a terrible place blocking the hatch making it difficult for people to manouver around her.

I told her she could not park there. She said " its ok my son is playing tonight ". I said if thats the case I will make a special circumstance for her and clamp both her wheels instead of just one. She told me I had no right to clamp her car.

Sorry love, its my property so after she left the security company happily and promptly arrived and clamped her car and the other 9 that were parked there. €1200 for the clamping company. It made me feel a whole lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

ScumLord wrote: »
    Whenever I pull into a petrol station and I'm not getting any fuel I always park at the edge out of the way and I'm being driven soft by ***** finding the most inconvenient place possible to park and blocking everyones exit. I want to get out and beat them around the head with their own car. How can they not know what their doing?

I've said it before and i'll say it again

The driving license examination should include a "common sense" exam

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've said it before and i'll say it again

The driving license examination should include a "common sense" exam
    Big time. The amount of people that think that just because your driving slow means your driving safely is mind boggling. You still need to pay attention to the road!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

I used to run my own station. The Shell station in Thomondgate Limerick, just down from Thomond Park.

People used to park all over the station and go watch a match. One woman parked her car in a terrible place blocking the hatch making it difficult for people to manouver around her.

I told her she could not park there. She said " its ok my son is playing tonight ". I said if thats the case I will make a special circumstance for her and clamp both her wheels instead of just one. She told me I had no right to clamp her car.

Sorry love, its my property so after she left the security company happily and promptly arrived and clamped her car and the other 9 that were parked there. €1200 for the clamping company. It made me feel a whole lot better.

Good on you, I am a Munster fan my self & often attend Thomond Park , I am often sickened at the ignorance displayed by some of the fans.

going to one of the matches a couple of years ago I offered to drop some items to a patient in the stroke unit of St. Camillas Hosp. The whole visitors car park was blocked with Munster supporters' cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Dyflin wrote: »
    +1

No different to the guy who parks half up on the pavement, and on top of the double yellow lines...

But that's fine, as long as they put their hazard (i.e. invisibility) lights on ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

snowman707 wrote: »
    Good on you, I am a Munster fan my self & often attend Thomond Park , I am often sickened at the ignorance displayed by some of the fans.

going to one of the matches a couple of years ago I offered to drop some items to a patient in the stroke unit of St. Camillas Hosp. The whole visitors car park was blocked with Munster supporters' cars.

I dont have that site anymore but I now park more or less across the road for Thomond Park. My sister in law has a house across from old Hassetts Pub and she has no car. Empty drive is good for me.

After the match I went to get my car and the area was plagued with cars abonded all over the place. Two guys were blocked into a drive with a car parked across their back bumpers(inches away). It was the owner of the house. I doubt the were going to move it. One of the cars owners was there waiting for the driver to come back. They probably thought the driver was at the match. I bet it was a long wait. :D It was not a drive exactly but the bungalow is sort of on concrete stilts and although its not marked its their parking space because its on the plot of land(under the bungalow).

Advertisement