Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunters and Survival

Options
  • 03-11-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Anyone else running as Survival spec with their Hunter ?
    Got tired of MM spec at the weekend so went BM, got a core hound just for the looks but got bored of that spec (yet again!) so respec'd once more to Survival spec and omfg is it sweet in BG pvp :)

I'm only in S1 pvp gear, nothing special at all (though I am a decent player) but am getting just over 2,000 RAP and Explosive shot is doing amazing damage output in the likes of AV with shooting into the zergs. I've never had so much fun in BG pvp with the Hunter, coming out typically from a 40 minute or so AV with over 500k damage and mostly 900+ honor points ! Such a fantastic spec. I was cautious and didn't hold out much hope for it but really, it's been just great for pvp.

Got myself a wasp for the armour and stealth debuff it gives also, pretty damn good pet in pvp, just have to level it up now from 65 to get the most from it.

The glyph that adds 100% damage bonus to immolation trap is great, as is the glyph that gives a speed boost when you dodge in aspect of the monkey.

One thing though, if you are survival spec with your hunter, are you getting the stuns from explosive shot at all ? I've not noticed it stun much at all, I know it's only 15% chance to stun when fully talented but it seems a lot less of a chance than that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hmmm i have never tried survival on my huntard.

took a couple months break and just got back. been leveling a rogue.

can u link to your build? whats your shot rotation?

rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I would link but the wow talent calculator for Hunters is borked up. Let me search out the wowhead one and then I'll post it up.

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cZ0xVZe0hiocIhxkhMsu - This is the build I'll be speccing to later on tonight, it's more or less what I have now apart from at the moment I've 3 points in "Careful Aim" to get the RAP from the Intellect rather than those points being in Mortal Shots.

I don't raid or do any instances at all in Wow anymore, so mainly BG pvp or run to Alliance populated areas to pick a fight and try start some world pvp.
    Shot rotations then are a bit of a non runner in pvp as each fight and situation is different.
    Spent a lot of time though dropping a trap on the road leading to SP gy in AV the other night, moving back and smashing out 3 x explosive shots one after the other into the zerg that got caught up in the trap then a Multishot, stings and so on. Move back and repeat. Seriously, the damage output was fantastic and found myself more often than not the last one alive Horde side in an Alliance zerg (until I got battered eventually of course).
    Also took a bit of careful placment of the Explosive shots, no point wasting them on the same person when the no cooldown procs, better to choose different people and get the most from the AOE damage from the Explosive shots, all proc'ing from 3 different people all around each other.

Also, I've been finally able to stand some chance against overpowered retri paladins as survival spec, which is a great bonus these days. They piss me off so much :mad: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

interesting.... May have to give this a go as MM really sucks balls in pvp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Explosive shot is rubbish at level 70. I'm survival, but I've left out explosive because its dps is too weak. Instead I've picked up aimed shot wich is more useful all together. The great thing about survival is the CC.

I can do pretty well in arenas despide having only 4/5 parts of the season 2 welfare gear because the set up I run is more skill intesive with CC than it is gear dependant. Currently 1700 rated with a moonkin, which is pretty impressive considering you get full seaon 4 teams as low as 1300 these days.

I might spec in to explosive shot at level 80.

Advertisement