Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi all

• 03-11-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey everyone this is my first post so hello. Just a basic question for everyone, whats your favorite place to shop online? I'm not new to shopping, but I don't do much online. So if everyone would name a place or two they shop online, it would be greatly Appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Gamesnash.ie is a great site. Its located in Dublin so if you pre-order a game then you are guarunteed to get it on release day. They have brilliant prices and honestly the best customer support I've ever experienced. When An Post crapped out on launch day for GTA IV, The guys/gals at Gamesnash hand delivered the game on the morning of release day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Play.com turn up a good share of bargains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

plays delivery is really slow though, I find. Ordered special edition of fallout.. was shipped last tuesday and I still dont have it :P Price for the special edition was 70, it was 70 in my local gamestop.. was well sickened

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I used to always use play.com but they have been very slow lately with deliveries, used to take 3 days, now they're 10-14 days for me. I don't think it's their fault though.

+1 for gamesnash, top service and good prices, very fast delivery, I got GTA4 at 10am on release day. I was shocked, hope they do the same of GoW 2.

cdwow.ie have given me alot of trouble in the past two years and I don't bother with them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

+1 for gamesnash for big game pre orders
    I have also heard great things about videogamesplus.ca for region free games...their delivery is supposed to be really fast from canada

Also Play.com if you dont mind waiting about 7-10 days
    cdwow also throw up the odd bargain but be VERY wary when buying from them as there are countless stories of their stuff not arriving and s**tty customer service

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I use www.playasia.com and www.videogamesplus.ca for any games that are multiregion since they are so much cheaper. Playasia tends to be cheaper especially if you get the asian version of the game (most are fully in english and playasia will tell you if it is) but shipping takes a while. Videogamesplus.ca have excellent prices and their delivery is unbelieveably fast. All my games arrived within 3-4 days of shipping. Most English sites like CDWOW and Play.com take much longer despite videogamesplus.ca being in canada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

sendit.com can be quite good too I find, generally beat play.com on price, and don't make you pay in euros (play rip you off in euro conversion). Never had any problems with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I use www.playasia.com and www.videogamesplus.ca for any games that are multiregion since they are so much cheaper. Playasia tends to be cheaper especially if you get the asian version of the game (most are fully in english and playasia will tell you if it is) but shipping takes a while. Videogamesplus.ca have excellent prices and their delivery is unbelieveably fast. All my games arrived within 3-4 days of shipping. Most English sites like CDWOW and Play.com take much longer despite videogamesplus.ca being in canada.

Yep play asia is the best place anywhere to get games.I Normally get them before release date too. if pre ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I've bought a few games from ebay stores. Always worth a gander. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

+1 for Ebay (.co.uk not .ie ;)), especially if you want some older (but still very good) games. Just check the seller's feedback first. Postage from the UK is normally only an extra £1 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Is there any postage charge for www.videogamesplus.ca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Never buy from CDWOW!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

+1 for gamesnash, top service and good prices, very fast delivery, I got GTA4 at 10am on release day. I was shocked, hope they do the same of GoW 2.

Thank you - looking very well for GOW2 - the first wave of our deliveries is being checked off as I type - we will hopefully be dispatching tomorrow morning.

I just got my email saying my copy of GOW2 was dispatched this morning from gamsnash.ie they're on the ball again.

Seems like gamesnash are getting a lot of positive feedback which is always good... but I don't see why its better to buy there than from somewhere like Xtravision. The pricing is pretty much the same, and you don't have to wait for postage? What am i missing?

Maybe if you are working during the week and can't get to a good games store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

dazftw wrote: »
    plays delivery is really slow though, I find. Ordered special edition of fallout.. was shipped last tuesday and I still dont have it :P Price for the special edition was 70, it was 70 in my local gamestop.. was well sickened

Had same experience with fifa 09 from play, took 14 days to deliver and it turned out to be cheaper in tesco. Judging by the stamps on the front of the envelope the game originated in Bulgaria, very strange but explains the long delivery. Never buying from them again.

Have to agree with Y2J_MUFC, with all the retail outlets competing against each other there's nearly always value to be had in one shop or another.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Seems like gamesnash are getting a lot of positive feedback which is always good... but I don't see why its better to buy there than from somewhere like Xtravision. The pricing is pretty much the same, and you don't have to wait for postage? What am i missing?

Maybe if you are working during the week and can't get to a good games store?

What are you missing - oh ye of little high street retail experience ;):D

Pretty much the same is not the same - we are as a general rule cheaper than Xtravision ( no need to smack me down with specifics of some titles you find that we may not be - everyone has their own offers etc so we will accept we're not always going to be cheaper )

Postage is not that bad for us considering we post from Ireland so it can be as quick as next day delivery. Other online retailers do take days / weeks to get their products to Ireland but we ship from Ireland so we have a major head start.

Pre Orders - Lets take Gears Of War 2 - you can head off to Xtravision for the midnight launch on Friday morning if you like - the majority of our pre order customers will have the game tomorrow morning. Certainly everyone will have it by Friday. If the game is not worthy of a midnight launch and lets face it its a rare event then the earliest you will get it is 9.00 the morning of release - chances are with us the postman has already been that morning if not the morning before.

For some people the hassle of going to the nearest bricks and mortar store and maybe paying for parking / joining the queues / being met with a foul smelling high voiced spotty teenager is not that attractive an option when from the comfort of their own home they can order the same product and get it delivered to their door. Coming up to silly Xmas season this is even more of an issue.

( Gamesnash would like to make it clear at this point that we do not tarnish all game store employees with the above description - but thats what stereotyping is for - we of course are equally foul smelling but thats nothing for you to worry about :P )

We will literally bend over backwards for our customers to help out special requests or indeed if we have made a mistake ( we're not perfect believe it or not ) Our customers have grown to trust us. We're nice people. Surely that's enough in it's own right :)

Tomorrow morning heyyy... I'll hold you to that.:D

term and conditions may apply,

Tomorrow morning heyyy... I'll hold you to that.:D

term and conditions may apply,

Said terms being I said "majority" ;) but let us know either way !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

I love you Gamesnash. Will you have my babies?

• Advertisement

I love you Gamesnash. Will you have my babies?

Cow - I will have to consider it very carefully :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Looking at Play Asia. If a games says no region protecion will it work here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Looking at Play Asia. If a games says no region protecion will it work here?

It will but the disc might possibly say NTSC on it in which case if you try trade it in to the likes of Game or Gamestop you will be told they wont take it in case it doesnt work on Pal machines even though they are aware it could be region free and works fine here.

P.s. if my copy of GOW2 arrives tomorrow (today technically) I will also have Gamesnash's babies, even if their staff are all foul smelling :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But Xtravision won't bat an eyelid and will take it. They will alos give a better price than those crooks Gamestop and Game.

Just got my copy of Gears 2 from gamesnash.ie :) No waiting in line in the cold at midnight for me, not that I'd ever do such a thing.

We will literally bend over

Ok, so I took a chunk off the end of that quote.... but I'd consider this a bad thing depending on the gender of staff member! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Never buy from CDWOW!
    I'd generally agree with this ... The only exception, is if you (or the missus) is ever on Pigsback.com enough to save up a bunch of points for a free voucher. Use the voucher to buy a game, then use it as collateral for a trade-in and get money off a real game in a shop. It costs you nothing (apart from the hours spent earning piggy points :))...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well my GOW2 didnt arrive today so the offers off Gamesnash i wont be having your babies, if it doesnt arrive tomorrow ill be after your heads instead! :D

Can't win them all - we blame An Post for not having 100% next day service and subsequently for us having a smaller family :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement