Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Possible future problems

Options
  • 03-11-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have a 2002 Fiat stilo that was involved in a minor accident about 2 years ago and has not moved since. I tried to start it up about a year ago but it wouldnt start, I assume the bat was flat. I tried to jump start it but this didnt work. So If I was to get the car road worthy again Ill definitely need a new battery. Can anyone else envisage any other probs I might encounter. Its been outdoors in all weather conditions & like i mentioned before it has not been started for around 2 years. Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Stilo's hate being jump started, so go for new battery option. You may encounter problems with ignition as the Fiat CODE2 system is a 'rolling code' setup meaning it changes to match the key each time the key it put into ignition - after time these have a habit of decoding (can only be recoded by Fiat).

If code light goes out you're in luck. If it still wont turn over you might get a 'loose connection' error which means the transponder aerial/receiver has become loose (the ring around ignition), and just needs to be reconnected.

And if it still refuses check the earths - each side of block. Once it turns over don't overdo the accelerator - once the fuel pump gets primed it should fire up - usually does with MPI units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

macroman wrote: »
    Stilo's hate being jump started, so go for new battery option. You may encounter problems with ignition as the Fiat CODE2 system is a 'rolling code' setup meaning it changes to match the key each time the key it put into ignition - after time these have a habit of decoding (can only be recoded by Fiat).

If code light goes out you're in luck. If it still wont turn over you might get a 'loose connection' error which means the transponder aerial/receiver has become loose (the ring around ignition), and just needs to be reconnected.

And if it still refuses check the earths - each side of block. Once it turns over don't overdo the accelerator - once the fuel pump gets primed it should fire up - usually does with MPI units.

Grand job. So nothing mad expensive then.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Grand job. So nothing mad expensive then.
    Could probably do with a full service to get it running well. Only expensive bit could be getting Fiat to recode the ECU - TBH you'd be better off getting the entire system from a brakers! That's if it's that that's at fault.

Advertisement