Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new head shop in cavan.

Options
  • 03-11-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

anybodyknow when its opening? i saw the gaurds peeping through the window of it on saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

flanum wrote: »
    anybodyknow when its opening? i saw the gaurds peeping through the window of it on saturday.

Where abouts is it? Will have to check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

its in "willie mimnaghs" old shop. next door to dunnes bar, across the road from the cruiscin lan pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

What is it?!

flanum wrote: »
    its in "willie mimnaghs" old shop. next door to dunnes bar, across the road from the cruiscin lan pub!

Spotted it yesterday when I was coming out of Easons. It wasnt open. I wonder how popular it will be:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

They'll be selling substances of a recreational/herbal nature.

Presumably it's all legal and above board? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Of course it is. There popping up all over the place and then closing down due to narrow minded locals causing the owners hassle. You can bet this place will be hounded out of buisness. Just keep an eye on the local reports of it in the Anglo.... any day now...

Of course it is. There popping up all over the place and then closing down due to narrow minded locals causing the owners hassle. You can bet this place will be hounded out of buisness. Just keep an eye on the local reports of it in the Anglo.... any day now...

Well never mind the Celt.. Joe Duffy is talking about it right now. He has some Cavan councillor on air protesting about the shop

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

gazzer wrote: »
    Well never mind the Celt.. Joe Duffy is talking about it right now. He has some Cavan councillor on air protesting about the shop

But of course it's perfectly fine for the same said councillor to go down to the local drug outlet (ie pub) get plastered and maybe even drive home drunk.

This is what is wrong with this country. Small minds and people unable to actually think for themselves, and local gombeen politicians going after a soft target to win popularity. This country still has a lot of growing up to do.

gazzer wrote: »

Wow :rolleyes:, that did not take long. I heard they hounded the one in Swords and that ended that one very quickly.

well it opened today!! ill visit it tomorrow...woohoo!

• Advertisement

Dear god!!! The owner really is trying to push the buttons of the anti-happy time begruders in Cavan. On the main st with big green colors!!! Its very hard to miss!! On the grape vine its going to get picketed!! Shutters are down but is there a big picture of a Hash Leaf on the front?

Really could have done with being off the main street and looking a little better like the Hemporiums in Wexfored etc, at least that chain looks clean etc. There going go at this place with the whole "Its on the main street, kids walking past etc etc".

Sure there already talking about it here.....

http://www.fiannafail.ie/article.phpx?topic=191&id=9722&nav=Latest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Yeah, I too couldn't believe the big cannabis leaf when I walked by on Saturday - talk about red rag to a bull. At the time the guy working there was shooing a bunch of 12 year olds away. They obviously got wind of what was going down! Hope no one gets it confused with Veales:D

Right, so i was'nt seeing things. I'm telling you, thats such a massive mistake. I know theres no such thing as bad publicity but there is going to be very little he can do if the folks take a dislike to it and they already have!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭celt262

Anyone buy anything in it yet?

Front page of today's post their will be craic with this shop yet!!

Seen that, i wonder what the owner is making of all this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

I called in today to have a nose around.

He seemed very calm and relaxed......

..... but then he'd have to, wouldn't he? :-)

Gadjodilo wrote: »
    I called in today to have a nose around.

He seemed very calm and relaxed......

..... but then he'd have to, wouldn't he? :-)

:p

i'd reckon there would be more people calling for a look than there would be buying stuff.

went in saturday, bought salvia............... ****ing different world/planet etc..... instant full blown trip!!! ill not go near that again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Anyone see anyone buying anything in it ???. students might start bring DRUG’S to school and Cavan college !!! really perturbing to think about :o:eek:

Brooke01 wrote: »
    Anyone see anyone buying anything in it ???. students might start bring DRUG’S to school and Cavan college !!! really perturbing to think about :o:eek:

Well if they bought something in there and brought it to school, they'll be bringing legal drugs to school :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I've had a few bits out of it. Couple of times I've been in there, I've been the youngest around it, and the tender age of 25.

Once there was woman and her mum/mum-in-law with her, I'm guessing late 20's early 30's and mum being I'm guessing 50 ish and they were buying Spice Gold and enquiring about salvia 20x.

Another there was an older chap, late 40's and he was getting party pills, and swallowed 2 before he left the shop.

So none of this "Oh won't SOMEBODY think of the children!" business. There's other stuff harming them a lot more than any of the stuff you can get from there, or any of the stuff you would use the paraphenalia for, namely booze and fags.

Any truth in the rumour that this place has being closed down?

absolutely no truth in that rumour, went past it yesterday and it was packed! seems to be doing well during this recession!

actually i think its doing the best trade in cavan at the minute! cavan chamber of commerce should be proud, its a pity the head shop didnt have a float in the paddys day parade!

I must take a trip (no pun intended) into the shop this week. I keep meaning to go in but it is shut any time I walk by (dont think it opens until 12).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

Looks as if head shop's products will be cut shortly. But as they say there's no such thing as bad press. Free advertising in Cavan Post this week.

http://www.cavanpost.ie/2009/04/06/parents-celebrate-%e2%80%98party-pills%e2%80%99-ban/

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

So do they sell anything which would have a similar effect to cannibis?

• Advertisement

yep, several smoking products!

Advertisement