Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenmore Woods Mullingar

Options
  • 03-11-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    My girlfriend and I are looking at houses in Mullingar and like the look of the houses in Glenmore Woods (3 bed). Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

wheres glenmore? near balinderry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bridzilla123

Hi there,
    well I am a resident, we moved in July. Very Happy so far. The estate is still very empty people wise but the houses are solid. I am also delighted with the location. We commute to Dublin and its literally just the right side of town for this easy access to the motorway. I got one of the few with the large back gardens. Dont be afraid of going for the ones with the better gardens, they may be north west facing but hostely there is nothing to block the sun getting into the garden so you do end up with sunshine. Andrews have been brillant, they came to correct things about two months after we moved in if we still we not happy! just great!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colmm23

Hi Bridzilla,

Thanks for that, We are looking at a 3 bed in petiswood as well, almost the same house only a few years older and a bit cheaper.
    McDonnells are asking 240,000 for a 3 bed in glenmore and 30k more for the showhouse, a bit on the high side if you ask me, all though I do like the estate! any thoughts on the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bridzilla123

Well 240K is a little less than what we paid for it. They have not come down too much in price. I know the one that is on the web in Petitswood is under 200K right? Which is an absaloute bargin i think anyway. Petitswood is a nice estate too, i like all the trees in there. Our houses were cheaper when we were looking. When we started to look this time last year we couldnt even afford to LOOK at petitswood! how much things have changed! personally I love our estate because it is smaller, but Petitswood is lovely too. I would be happy with either! Make sure you get a nice garden though. no matter what we are all going to be sticking with our houses for some time. As a former estate agent, the garden was always the first reasons people would choose to move for ( kids etc)! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

A good place to live. Easy to walk everwhere. You can literally walk to the school, shops, pub, church, cheapest taxi fare home etc. and houses are off one of the better builders. Most of his children live over the wall in petitswood in the same build houses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement