Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailroom Franking Machine Solution? Help!

Options
  • 03-11-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope you're all making a few quid these days!
    Help and advice and your experience please.

I'm looking for a Franking Machine. Got quotes from some suppliers - MAD MONEY i tell ya!

€16.90 a week (tied into the 5 year lease purchase)
    Or €2495 to buy outright. WTF?

then the T&C's like Annual Mandetory Maintenance costing €250.:mad:
    €7.50 transaction charge for re-crediting the machine via modem.
    all prices above are + Vat.

Can i ask what other options do i have. I'm seeking a secondhand one but can't source one.
    Anyone offer any help or experience please.

Thanks,

NIF.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You've got to buy new, I would think, it's all about the service, not just the actual machine. But some people are certainly looking to return barely used franking machines, because they just aren't doing the volume. A company I work with cancelled theirs, but the company never picked it up.

Do you really do a lot of mail? if you do, your bulk discount might be enough to pay for the franking machine.

What about using stamps?

Also, if you really do big mailshots, you may be able to get a deal from An Post where you don't need to stamp at all.

antoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Thanks......We will not be doing big mailshots.
    Yeah, heavy enough mail sending and stamps are a pain and then the cost of a new machine is a pain too.
    Kinda stuck in the middle tbh.
    A secondhand unit would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

If you have to get a franker do not get from pitney bowes. All the guys in ireland have been lovely to deal with but their accounts dept in UK is an absolute disaster. I wish i hadn't purchased one.

Before we got one used to bring large amounts of mail to sorting office paid them the postage and they did all the rest

Advertisement