Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shinedown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Wouldn't call myself a fan but I do like a few of their songs. I particularly love 45 (acoustic version) and their rendition of Simple Man. The singer has astonishing vocal power.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wouldn't call myself a fan but I do like a few of their songs. I particularly love 45 (acoustic version) and their rendition of Simple Man. The singer has astonishing vocal power.
    Yea his range is amazing we did a few of there songs in my old band but it was hard for the singer to actually hit alot of those notes without losing his voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

I actually seen these guys last month, they were supporting disturbed in London. good show!
    I doubt they will play here even if a tour is announced....have you not noticed bands like this(shinedown,alterbridge,seether etc) dont play irish dates...im not sure if its down to a certain promotor not being a fan of that type of music....oooor just that they wouldnt fill venues....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

HBK wrote: »
    I actually seen these guys last month, they were supporting disturbed in London. good show!
    I doubt they will play here even if a tour is announced....have you not noticed bands like this(shinedown,alterbridge,seether etc) dont play irish dates...im not sure if its down to a certain promotor not being a fan of that type of music....oooor just that they wouldnt fill venues....
    I was tempted to head over to one of the disturbed gigs in the UK. I just think that the most of irish music fans only listen to either dance , R&B, Pop or Indie. So those bands just leave out Ireland when they tour europe. Whelans is a small venue so they could use a venue like that but imo only bands/artists who are in the charts play over here instead of the decent bands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dare You is pure class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Whelans is a small venue so they could use a venue like that but imo only bands/artists who are in the charts play over here instead of the decent bands

Whelans is far too small these days dude. The upstairs is even smaller since they plonked the bar up there, I've actually heard of some artists not performing in Whelans anymore because of the overhead noise. Especially for acoustic gigs. I know Shinedown wouldn't particularly fit into that category but you can see my point.

Advertisement