Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Monitors

Options
  • 03-11-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

i have recently bought a dual monitor setup and i am running an extended desktop.

my problem is that when i have something full screen on the main monitor and i click on something on the second monitor it forces the main screen out of full screen mode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

that was wrecking my head for a long time. I think my solution was to make sure that both monitors were on the same refresh rate ? is that it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

they have the same refresh rate...

they are at different screen resolutions though.. will try changing that and see what happens

changed the resolution but still getting the same thing. can't have a program running full screen while using the other monitor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

smemon wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055410825#post57770222 +1

You'll need a graphics card that can support two monitors in order to fool the PC in to thinking the two monitors are just one big monitor (which i think is what you're talking about).

I've a dual monitor set up and use a great little tool called ultramon to help manage things.

Once you go for a dual setup, you'll never go back - trust me :D

smemon suggested that program... i havnt tried it myself cos my windows it behaving.
    you could try it ?

cheers for that but i already have it installed. lol

it is very usful but i can't seem to find any option for keeping things full screen :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It cant be done as far as i know. Simply run your full screen app in a window, and then maximise it so it covers the whole screenspace. Its not technically fullscreen but for most rigs you wont suffer much performance-wise. On the bright side it does eliminate that annoying delay between switching from fullscreen to desktop.

Advertisement