Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Alert 3. Its really not bad... But dont look much sence in here :D

Options
  • 03-11-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Got RA3 today, and i havent seen much talks about it here. I was kind of doubting before taking it. Becouse reviews really mixed. Game magazines/games websites give 8-9 reviews, and player rewies: 1-3.

Now i played for soviets for abour 3 hours. so i dont know much of units,story development and online play. But from what i sow allready, its prety awesome game guys.

Now this is old school RTS ( THX GOD ). Some poeple can call it: " Red alert 2 on anabollicks" Which in mine eyes is not a bad statement, but for some... ah well :)

First of all game look really beutifull, if you have good pc ofc. I am running it on 1 years old dell xps420( which starts showing its age :( ). quad 2.4, 3gb ram, 8800gt. Everything on high and no drop in fps so far, even when situation gets hairy in battle field.

Naval battles are awesome guys, and this game have best looking water in games.

story: Just briliant, for those who love to have a lought. Like alot of reviewers said, " red alert does not take it self seriuos" ( in a good way )
    And yes, woman are hot here, and actors are just briliant :).

RA3 is a messing around, funny member of C&C family. So if you not in to fun side of RTS, dont judge it for being unique.

Havent played online yet, but as far as i see, it wount be just simple tank, or infantry mass rush, like it was in moust C&C series. Its more complicated now, its not just lvl1 - lvl2 - lvl3 units. Its more: these units are against them. And those fellas can kick the living s*** out of those things!

Now i found i thing which really really let me down. Gathering system looks like warcrat. You have refinery, you send your gathered in to mine, and then it comes back from mine with your gold. Now This does work prety good for warcraft, but for modern style rts it does not work that good. Maybe they did it becouse they whant players to pay more attention to theyr tanks, not harvesters.... Thought i did loved blow them up :D.

This is mine mini review for those who are not sure about this game. I tryed to put as much info i gathered from playing it.

Now remember, you cant argue about taste. If you dont like it, just dont play it, i wount try to force you playing it :D.

p.s. sorry for spelling mistakes, i am not irish and english is mine third languadge. No english teachers plz. THX!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

and i havent seen much talks about it here.!

Probably cos theres a C&C forum. :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=921

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

have always been a c+c fan so will have to pick this up at some point, just there is so many good games out at the moment! its crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Some poeple can call it: " Red alert 2 on anabollicks"

Sorry, but couldn't help laughing at that:p

Might pick this one up when it's a bit cheaper, I kind of enjoyed C&C3, but always preferred the Ruskies vs Allies aspect of the C&C games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Stekelly wrote: »

well i newer liked that subbing of games :). And moust people coming here first, and stay here moust. Moust of pople in there are fans allready, and you know what you will hear from fans about the game they love :)

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    have always been a c+c fan so will have to pick this up at some point, just there is so many good games out at the moment! its crazy

yeah, i allready started thread on that :D. Got dead space and RA3 so far. Mine misses start to look at me with eyebrowns lower then ussualy :D. I have on list: WOW expansion, NFS, GoW2 and a few more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I used to love the C+C games but they just started feeling the same. But I read a review of this one and it actually sounds like a lot of fun. It's got Tim Curry and JK Simmons in it, so it's automatically a winner, but listening to some of the units it has like the trained dolphins and a ships cannon that fires your units onto land make it sound even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks crap to me - I hate the humorous element of it. Red Alert '95 was by far the best C&C game ever made in my opinion, hated RA2 - still own 2 copies of RA on the PSX . One for link up, that never leaves the PSX's - and one spare, just in case one gets lost! :)

humanji wrote: »
    I used to love the C+C games but they just started feeling the same. But I read a review of this one and it actually sounds like a lot of fun. It's got Tim Curry and JK Simmons in it, so it's automatically a winner, but listening to some of the units it has like the trained dolphins and a ships cannon that fires your units onto land make it sound even better.

hehe, we had dolphins on ra2, but in ra3 they look even cooler, and so annoying!!!!! you barely see them, i lost 4 naval bases once, before i realised that those fish were doing it, oh sorry its not fish :D.

Bears+cannon= LOL.

Now i was allways a fan of blizzard rts, becouse it is really skill and tactic based.

Thought i was allways playing RA2 with mine friends on lan, it was pure fun getting spys into tech centers, and getting those hidden units :D. Or use chrono warriors to teleport friends harversters to anather planet :D.

In RA3 i allready sow some awesome stuf, like russian magnetic sattelite, and then dumping tanks and sattelites from space :D oh boy, just pure fun :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im going to get this,anyone know of the cheapest retailer?
    Going to pick it up tomorrow if i get the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Oooooh... I think it's a bit ****, and I like strategy games. Then again, I thought AOE3 sucked ass too. Looking forward to Total War, that and civ never disappoint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement