Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for obscure tracks...

• 03-11-2008 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am all for the legal purchase of music but I can not find a certain track on cd or mp3 anywhere!!!! The only way I can get it is to buy the LP, then buy a deck and cables to get it onto my pc and use it on virtualdj!

I can see myself buying decks in the future, but I want to make sure that I have a talent and long term love of mixing before spending that amount of money. Please dont get me wrong, I buy tons of cds, about 3 a week. I amn't a big fan of mp3's as there is nothing tangible about them. I love having the cd is much more enjoyable, for the sleeve but also to be able to finger flick through them, finding an album you loved years ago!

Anyway, I am looking for a track called Love Tattoo - The History Of Disco Part 2, which I can not find to download. Its killing me!

I suppose I have two questions, firstly does anyone know where I can get this track legally?

Second, and probably a whole debate in itself, is it ever ok to download illegally?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

engrish? wrote: »
    Hey,

I am all for the legal purchase of music but I can not find a certain track on cd or mp3 anywhere!!!! The only way I can get it is to buy the LP, then buy a deck and cables to get it onto my pc and use it on virtualdj!

I can see myself buying decks in the future, but I want to make sure that I have a talent and long term love of mixing before spending that amount of money. Please dont get me wrong, I buy tons of cds, about 3 a week. I amn't a big fan of mp3's as there is nothing tangible about them. I love having the cd is much more enjoyable, for the sleeve but also to be able to finger flick through them, finding an album you loved years ago!

Anyway, I am looking for a track called Love Tattoo - The History Of Disco Part 2, which I can not find to download. Its killing me!

I suppose I have two questions, firstly does anyone know where I can get this track legally?

Second, and probably a whole debate in itself, is it ever ok to download illegally?
    ha ha i went hunting for that about a month ago but got nowhere too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

LOL ONE COPY LEFT AVAILABLE AT HTFR!!!!!!!!

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR117035

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

LOL ONE COPY LEFT AVAILABLE AT HTFR!!!!!!!!

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR117035

Thats Vinyl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wasn't released on CD.

Only on four compilations!

http://www.alibris.com/search/music/qwork/400581143/used/Party%20Anthems,%20Vol.%208:%20Sydney%20Gay%20Mardi%20Gras looks to have it, not beatmixed but its a remix according to discogs.

If you find any Australian soulseek group you might have more luck, due to it being an Aussie track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Angelo Pascal

Thats Vinyl!

there looks to be atleast 2 different releases or 4 versions..

have you looked at 'Tracks appear on' at the following page?

http://www.discogs.com/artist/%5BLove%5D+Tattoo

they'd be mixed probably..might be less hassle to buy the vinyl and have somebody with decks record it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

first, i take it from your original post that you have been trying to mix on virtual dj.

most people using digital equipment to mix started off on vinyl or cds.

to go from mixing on virtual dj to buying a set of decks is a HUGE leap. totally different!!

beatmixing on vdj is pish easy, beat matching on vinyl takes time.

secondly, i have thousands of mp3s on my laptop and portable mp3 player and i have only ever purchased a handful, tracks which i couldnt download illegally so went to beatport or whatever.

i might get flamed for saying that but i doubt im the only one that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

copeyhagen wrote: »

secondly, i have thousands of mp3s on my laptop and portable mp3 player and i have only ever purchased a handful, tracks which i couldnt download illegally so went to beatport or whatever.

you're not the only one who does it but that doesn't make it ok or justify it.
    it takes money out of the pockets of musicians, plain and simple.
    creating a track can take weeks or months. it a labour of love most of the time but musicians deserve to get paid if they're offering something to the public.
    it's tough enough trying to make a living out of music without people ripping you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

i should add, it's encouraging that engrish has made a genuine effort to look for the track as a legal download. he's coming from the right place.
    now, i don't want to encourage an illegal download but since you've really made the effort and it looks like it's not available....i fully believe if you eventually, at a later date, find a legitimate way to procure the track you will. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

copeyhagen wrote: »
    first, i take it from your original post that you have been trying to mix on virtual dj.

most people using digital equipment to mix started off on vinyl or cds.

to go from mixing on virtual dj to buying a set of decks is a HUGE leap. totally different!!

beatmixing on vdj is pish easy, beat matching on vinyl takes time.

True, plus a lot of tracks, pre digital DJ-era were limited to maybe 500/1000 pressings at most so it's needle in a haystack (or on a 1210) trying to find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭murpheous81

Looking for "Ohh" by Mood II Swing. Heard it at the weekend and found it on a mix but looking to get my hands physically on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement