Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robin in B&Q....

• 03-11-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Sorry no pics...

Got the fright of my life - was walking down the birdfood isle in B&Q in Mahon Point (Cork) picking up some refills for my bird feeder when a Robin shoots down from the top of the display and starts helping himself to the stock! Bear in mind it's not like the bird food is in a covered section it is a good few feet inside the garden center doors...

I know they can be pretty tame but I'm gathering this is an extra tame/brave one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Would you believe there was a robin doing exactly the same thing this time last year in B&Q...in Liffey Valley. Word must have spread :)

I kept an eye on her (apparently the males head off for the winter) and she knew her way out through the doors - automatic doors as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A bird in the house is a sign of a death :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭psychic-hack

Would you believe there was a robin doing exactly the same thing this time last year in B&Q...in Liffey Valley. Word must have spread :)

I kept an eye on her (apparently the males head off for the winter) and she knew her way out through the doors - automatic doors as far as I remember.

That's fantastic! A case of a modern day Robin Hood :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I've observed this type of behaviour with sparrows as well in garden centres etc. Adapt and survive I suppose.

Advertisement