Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much? Boiler Burner Install

Options
  • 03-11-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Well, my current boiler/burner is basically borked. It was installed back in 1994 by the previous owners of the house and was never serviced.

After running into a few issues with it, my plumber reckons we could nurse it through the winter. He reckons it's only working at about 75% efficiency also.

With a new baby in the house, I think we've to bite the bullet and get a new one. After doing a bit of my own research and asking a couple of people I know, I think we've settled for this Grant Condensing Boiler

I have looked at getting gas in but it's just not doing it for me. I reckon with the current rising gas prices, falling oil prices and increased installation costs of the gas, it would be 5/6 years before we'd break even if we went down the gas route.

Through knowing someone who knows someone, I'm able to get the Grant boiler at a very keen price including a flue kit. I'd have to get a new pump also but that's no biggy.

I'm just wondering, with the current climate in the construction industry and plumbers crying out for work, what should I expect to be paying for someone to replace the old boiler??

What to people think of this Grant model?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement