Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Castlebar.. Tips Please

• 03-11-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi

A gang of us hitting down this weekend staying in the breaffy. will we get late drinks there in the residents bar?? and what are the best pubs/ late bars and disco,s to hit to in town, and are there any to be avoided. mixed bunch travelling from 20 to 50 years..

Many thanks to anybody who replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

dukey wrote: »
    Hi

A gang of us hitting down this weekend staying in the breaffy. will we get late drinks there in the residents bar?? and what are the best pubs/ late bars and disco,s to hit to in town, and are there any to be avoided. mixed bunch travelling from 20 to 50 years..

Many thanks to anybody who replies.

Ok so here are my TOP SIX places to go in C/Bar.....

No. 1 - Cox's on Tucker Street - good craic + late bar.(Mixed Crowd)
    No. 2 - Rockys again on Tucker Street just down from Cox's (Mixed Crowd).
    No. 3- Bosh - pulled a young crowd + has DJ (maybe go there for one) - its just across from Rockys.
    No. 4- Bar one (late bar) just near Bridge Street - mixed ages plus great craic.
    No. 5- Mick Byrnes- on Main Street 30+ age group but its good place to mingle with the locals..... plus its a great GAA pub (but it is small).
    No. 6- Jonnie McHales- You have to go there - its a real pub with a age profile of 30+ its just across from the Welcome Inn hotel - I think the street is called 'the new line'... its just up the road from Rockys...

I'd say the hotel serves all night... Breaffy is a bit outside Castlebar so get the hotel to order taxi's for you...

Any more info required - Just ask!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I used to be Night Manager in Breaffy House, the bar technically closed, but the porter will serve at whatever hour, so no panic there. As mentioned, it's a taxi journey outside of the town itself.

Haven't lived in Castlebar in 3 years, so no idea where's hot or not after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dukey

i like your use of mixed crowd!! for the older lads perhaps on the attempted pull where can i direct them to??

Advertisement