Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless

Options
  • 03-11-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Recently, I cannot connect to the internet. My laptop seems to be recognising the wireless connection. I can see I am connected in the bottom right corner and when I dbl click on the computer, i can see I am connected but still no web page will open. There is a button "Repair" that I have tried but this does not work either...

any ideas on what could be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

probably one of a hundred things mate :)

I assume its your internet connection ? reason im asking is that you would know if there is a passphrase or something else on it.

you need to find out the IP address of your wireless router.
    click start - run -
    type cmd
    type ipconfig

Look for your Default Gateway in here (hopefully only one network connection connected)

put that ip address into your internet explorer. If this connects to your wireless router we can assume that your network connection is good.

Have you tried to plug your laptop directly into the router (assuming that you have a wired connection on your router)

hmmmm... what else...

yeah see how you get on from there :) let me know.

Advertisement