Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Irish Sceal ideas?!

Options
  • 03-11-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Okay, we've been given the title "Dochas" (Hope) and told to write a sceal on it. Has anyone any ideas what I could write about? I've gone totally blank and really need ideas please!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

You could write about a student's hope to get the best lc results possible to go to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You could write a heart-wrenching tale about a troubled youth who runs away from their broken family, to try and forge out a new life on their own, living from day to day, driven and sustained by the relentless hope for a better tomorrow.

Or something.

We stayed clear of stories. Aistí are much simpler. Get topic, rant about topic, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Haven't written a story since the Junior Cert, but a fire is always good. And use plenty of "go tobann!".

You could write a heart-wrenching tale of someone injured in a fire who hopes for a better future and that somebody will someday love them despite them being disfigured by the flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

boring suggestion here but a football match might be an easy one to do and because its the final you hope to win the cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 howtobeknown

hey there where can one get irish vo-cab and the like????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There's a sticky at the top of this forum for useful phrases and the like. For general vocab try reading some Irish newspapers like Foinse and you'll pick up a ton of vocab on the economy, politics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Awwh I wrote my essay before I saw all your suggestions... I thought no one hd replied!

Ended up writing a story about a person who had a heart transplant and how she hoped her life would go back to normal, she could still go to the disco, she could still be on the basketball team and keep pace ith everyone, etc etc. Naturally, everything worked out, the way things always do in Irish stories... or any stories that matter! :p

Personally, I perfer aisti too, but we weren't given the option...:(

Advertisement