Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to Dunshaughlin commute time

Options
  • 03-11-2008 8:49pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I hope this post is in the right place.

I had to drive this evening from city centre to Dunshaughlin and it took me two hours :o
    I've to do the same thing again tomorrow at 5pm and I have to stick to a specified route. The traffic was practically at a standstill from the Clonee exit on the N3 to the turn off for Trim & Ratoath...all I want to know is, is it always like this in the evenings??
    I'm supposed to be at a class in Finglas at 6.30pm tomorrow night but if the traffic is anything like tonight I am either going to have to cancel the driving or be very late to class.

Any helpful info you can give me would be great, thanks folks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sometimes it moves quicker than others there. Mondays are normally particularly bad so you may be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Milo98

miamee wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I hope this post is in the right place.

I had to drive this evening from city centre to Dunshaughlin and it took me two hours :o
    I've to do the same thing again tomorrow at 5pm and I have to stick to a specified route. The traffic was practically at a standstill from the Clonee exit on the N3 to the turn off for Trim & Ratoath...all I want to know is, is it always like this in the evenings??
    I'm supposed to be at a class in Finglas at 6.30pm tomorrow night but if the traffic is anything like tonight I am either going to have to cancel the driving or be very late to class.

Any helpful info you can give me would be great, thanks folks :)

Hey
    Its particularly bad at the moment due to all the construction on the N3, somedays are worse then others though. My hint would be go off at Clonee & go through the village instead of using the by-pass- you will cut at least 20-40mins off your journey time if traffic is bad at the end of the dual carraige way & if its okay at the end no harm done as it takes as long as it does driving the by-pass. This noramlly the slowest part of the road as you have 3 lanes becoming one. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hey thank you both, you have given me a little hope for this evening :)
    Fingers crossed it'll be a bit better tonight, I don't envy people who have to do that every night :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

miamee wrote: »
    Hey thank you both, you have given me a little hope for this evening :)
    Fingers crossed it'll be a bit better tonight, I don't envy people who have to do that every night :O

yes its great fun :mad: sooner we get the m3 the better! been doin this mad commute for 2 years +

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh God! I only did it for a week and that was enough! In fairness the 2 hour commute was a once off, it was never that long again. Still a long oul trek though

• Advertisement
Advertisement