Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal FC

Options
  • 03-11-2008 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Could it really be the begining of a bleak transition period for them ??

Is it possible that they could maybe need a restructure and overhaul ??

The idea has been touted about a lot in the media since Saturday's game with Stoke.

Am I being tricked into thinking that they could be in serious trouble (by their own standards)??

What do you reckon ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

If arsenal are getting poor results then it takes a bit of heat out of the slagging weve been getting from their fans.

But Tbh, as much as I hate to say, I actually wanted them to beat Stoke on saturday. My only concern right now is that we get ourselves out of the relegation area as quick as possible and if that means arsenal beating the teams directly above us then so be it.

As for arsenals bleak transition, restructure, overhaul etc...I can't see much changing with them for some time. They have a very strict spending philosphy, which for the foreseeable future will not change and therefore they will still be unable to compete with Chelsea, Man U and to a lesser extent Liverpool. As long as they keep qualifying for the CL then they'll keep the banks hounds from their door and I can't see their board putting pressure on Wenger.

However, if Wenger were to become disillusioned (for whatever reason) and quit then I'd say they'd be in serious sh1t.

This EPL will be much the same as last season and the one's before that in that again it will be between Chelsea or Man U with Arsenal and Liverpool battling it out for 3rd & 4th. It's becoming more and more like the Scottish League.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hopefully it will happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I can't see Wenger being successful at Arsenal again, I honestly think he's lost his mind a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Haven't we heard all this before? When Henry left we were told that was them finished, yet it took Eduardo's broken leg to derail their title challenge last season. Arguably this current "crisis" is on the back of 5 minutes against us and 90 against Stoke.

I'd prefer we had some success to celebrate rather than relying on their demise for ****s and giggles tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I'd prefer we had some success to celebrate rather than relying on their demise for ****s and giggles tbh.

So would I, always - but them dropping down a peg or two would be lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Check your PMs big man.

Advertisement