Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJB Gym

Options
  • 03-11-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience of JJB gym on Childers Road?

I have to take up swimming for health reasons and had planned on going to the ul arena twice a week. Anyway went there this evening and it was just so packed it was uncomfortable. It was €7 for the swim which for twice a week would be €56 a month whereas I could join JJB for €45 a month and have all the classes included as well.

Can anyone recommend JJB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

St endas swimming pool if ur on a budget, not busy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

JJb is ok at off peak times like during the day, any time after 6 or 7 forget it , plus its full of posers, at least the UL pool is big enough that you're never cramped unless theres a class on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i stopped swimming in ul for the same reason....i use the pool in the quality hotel in roxbrough(spelling) now when i fancy a swim its a 25m i think..sauna/steamroom/jacuzzi/changing facilities all good...just under 150 for 3 months..and its nice and quite there...underground car park too...handy for the irish climate..gym there isnt too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Ver good pool in the Grove island gym corbally no idea on rates does not seem to get too busy any time i was there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

krudler wrote: »
    JJb is ok at off peak times like during the day, any time after 6 or 7 forget it , plus its full of posers, at least the UL pool is big enough that you're never cramped unless theres a class on

Definately have to agree with you on this one it s definately full of posers especially Polish or Lithuanian beefed man and women.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Bobo78 wrote: »
    Definately have to agree with you on this one it s definately full of posers especially Polish or Lithuanian beefed man and women.:D

ah ya get posers in every gym though...UL have come up with a great way of controlling them....they have moved all the mirrors along one wall...they all gather over there now keeps them out of the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Ver good pool in the Grove island gym corbally no idea on rates does not seem to get too busy any time i was there!

if its swimming you are after then stay away from JJB imo, take a read of this http://www.teamtestforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=47755#47755. Grove island would be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

go to jjb a good bit, 12-2pm is usually not too bad in there, weekends are usually fairly quiet too. You do get the odd grunting polish / limerick weight lifters in there but most of the time you wont find them anywhere near the pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

zuroph wrote: »
    St endas swimming pool if ur on a budget, not busy either.

Where is St Enda's?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

turn off childers road for old cork road, st endas secondary school is on ur right after u cross under the train track and past the first road to the right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 limerick_guy

I find St endas very good, its very reasonable and on the weekends its virtually empty!:)
    shoppergal wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience of JJB gym on Childers Road?

I have to take up swimming for health reasons and had planned on going to the ul arena twice a week. Anyway went there this evening and it was just so packed it was uncomfortable. It was €7 for the swim which for twice a week would be €56 a month whereas I could join JJB for €45 a month and have all the classes included as well.

Can anyone recommend JJB?

Advertisement