Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car CD player repair?

Options
  • 03-11-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Can someone tell me of somewhere, preferably on the south side of Dublin, that will fix a car cd player? I think its just a cd stuck in there but ive tried everything to get it out and nothings worked and i cant stand listening to the radio anymore.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some of them have a tiny reset button somewhere. Looks lite a tiny hole where you put a needle in and reset it. Alternatively reseating the power connection at the rear may also eject the cd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭crowbar188

Ive tried the tiny reset button but didnt seem to do anything. I think the cd is just too stuck in there.

Could you explain more what you mean by reseting the power connection at the rear?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

This may or may not help, and you do it at your own risk:

Last year, I had a cd stuck in a fairly expensive home cd/radio unit. I googled for a solution, and was advised to drop the unit from 10-15cms onto carpet. Out came the cd.

Advertisement