Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: I'm on a spam list!

Options
  • 03-11-2008 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Just sent an email to my cousin in America -- mail got bounced back saying my IP address is spam!

I've my email account on a shared server with letshost.ie (i.e. joebloggs@joebloggs.com)

My cousin has the email address x@prodigy.net (some AT&T company).

The email header said I was rejected cos my IP address (78.137.164.62) is flagged as spam...

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get off this darn spam list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I looked it up on my dnsstuff account (checks about 50 blacklists), and the only list you are on is backscatterer.

http://www.backscatterer.org/?ip=78.137.164.62

Edit: Hmm.... looks like you can pay to remove it or you keep your nose clean for 4 weeks to be removed automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Personally I'd take it up first with letshost.ie as obviously a lot of spam has been going through their servers to end up on an RBL in the first place. Second find out which list you are on and contact them to remove you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Thnx for the tips ladz

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wouldn't pay, by the way. Thats extortion.
    Let letshost pay instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I used to have my own email/www/ftp server but when I moved house and got a new broadband provider (NTL/virgin Media) I had to can it because almost the entire NTL range of IP addresses is blocked by almost all the blocklists....

Also I recall that comcast or some other large ISP in the states at one stage blocked email from all of europe and I had to fill out a form in order to email my brother

• Advertisement
Advertisement