Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw 1.4 fuel tank reserve

Options
  • 03-11-2008 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all I'm a newbie and am wondering if any of you can answer me this question...

My engine light comes on but how long before the fuel runs out? My manual says that there are 7/8 litre left but can anyone convert that to kms/ms for me please????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hi all I'm a newbie and am wondering if any of you can answer me this question...

My engine light comes on but how long before the fuel runs out? My manual says that there are 7/8 litre left but can anyone convert that to kms/ms for me please????

Differnt people and cars will achieve different mpg, there are too many variables to consider. But at a guess I would say 40 miles but I wouldn't chance any further then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Generally there is a gallon left in reserve,so whatever your car does to the gallon is what you will have left,but......

I would go by what it does to the gallon on average,for a 1.4 golf i presume? i would never go further than 30 miles into the reserve.You will get some people saying its never good to let it run that low but thats a matter of opinion,storage tanks in modern filling stations tend to cleaner etc,modern fuel pumps can hanlde more etc...

A good tip is to reset the trip computer on your car as soon as the petrol light comes on.

Advertisement