Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Concept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Illustrator would be better. Do a couple of couple of online tutorials on how to use the drawing tools and you'll have no problem. I use flash a lot and would recommend it on that basis. You could do a couple of drawing tutorials in this as well and how to create layers in the timeline. Should be pretty basic stuff that you need i.e. drawing tools, image opacity, exporting as jpeg etc.

For example you could import the image above onto the flash stage lower the opacity and then simply trace it by hand using the drawing tools. I have scanned simple images like this in after drawing them by hand and traced them with good results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The program used to make the illustration you linked to is google sketchup. You can download a free version from www.sketchup.com or an 8 hour trial of the pro version. You get program-based tutorials with it and it is very easy to use, and considering it is only october, you should have plenty of time.

PM me if you need any help with it.

EDIT: oh and by the way, that image you linked is nice and all, but it is very easy to get much better results from sketchup without too much work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JayDoyle

I've downloaded SketchUp works fine thanks for the help.

Advertisement