Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Model Aero Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

pa990 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when and where these guys at the Cork Model Aero Club meet up, their web site doesn't give a whole lot of info.

you may contact them directly ... I guess...
    http://www.corkmodelaeroclub.net/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi there,

Or contact Rogallo or Kevin on my forum (link below), both from CMAC :)

Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

I really just wanted to go along for a look, some day when i am free, i dont think i would be buying a model and joining just yet

Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭barryi200

hmmm is this the crowd who wake me up every Saturday and Sunday morning from my beauty sleep.....
    A long range rifle could come in handy some mornings!!!!!!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

Is their any flying sight in North Cork(City side)? I don't fancy the track down from Kinsale from Carraignavar every Saturday...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

How did the club in the field at your own location work out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

Flatlined...No fliers made contact, only R/C racers

I am only looking for a casual site...I was in the CMAC years ago but couldn't get my value from the membership fee as I didn't have a car at the time like!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

greg-h wrote: »
    Flatlined...No fliers made contact, only R/C racers

I am only looking for a casual site...I was in the CMAC years ago but couldn't get my value from the membership fee as I didn't have a car at the time like!

Why not get a car and come race with us in Fermoy? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

What is stopping you from flying in that field you have already got where you live?
    I checked it on google earth when you mentioned it last time and it looked fine, though with what looked like some electric poles at the "built-up" end.

The main reason (usually) for "needing a club" is that nitro engines have been purchased with their inherent limitations of noise and requirement of a pre-cut runway, and those overly heavy engine models require constant instructors and provision of help.

It seemed to me that the location you have was just about perfect for flying high performance electrics. Why not just fly and be happy, and over time some locals will see you enjoying yourself and want to join in?

Advertisement