Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastepal

• 03-11-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

anybody else hear rumour about Wastepal is finishing up??? would be very dissapointed if they were.. i like the fact its a local company...then again its probably just a rumour...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Darn. Was just about to sign up with them too, after my 2008 with WexCoCo finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

no, maybe check with them first.. i just heard a rumour... they a great company (especially with their texts to remind you to put out bin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Darn. Was just about to sign up with them too, after my 2008 with WexCoCo finishes.

You could get a rebate from Wex co. co. for the months you didn't use their service. The Wastepal site is still taking online sign ups and I haven't heard any rumours. I find the Wastepal service good but they have increased their standing charge on the pay per lift option from €99 per year to €159 per year - a whopping 60% increase and I was never notified about it:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I think you can get a tax rebate also... is this only available from the co. co?

Dinkie wrote: »
    I think you can get a tax rebate also... is this only available from the co. co?

No - the tax allowance is a Revenue issue and is not dependant on which waste service you use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

I havent heard any rumours either, and I would recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

<snip> and his <snip> are mates of mine. I'll find out for yahs but i did hear that they are finding it all a lot of unworthwhile hassle from one of the brothers.

Statso wrote: »
    Paddy Kinsella and his brothers are mates of mine. I'll find out for yahs but i did hear that they are finding it all a lot of unworthwhile hassle from one of the brothers.

The fact that they have to increase the standing charge by over 60% suggests to me that they are clueless thb and made a complete ba11s of their costings for this business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wastepal

Hi I am a Manager from Wastepal, firstly wastepal is not finishing up, we signed up 100 new customers last week and collected 11500 bins and we hope to do this for many years to come.

Secondly we have increased our charges across the board, the package that went up 60% was €99 and now is €159
    The reason for this is as follows
    Landfill levy went up which meant any money we made out of the lift charge was greatly reduced
    Cost of composting increased which meant any money we made out of the lift charge was greatly reduced
    The price of recycling has increased which we still dont charge for
    Due to the above we were either faced with increasing the lift charges(which we didn't) or increase the service charge which we did. We obviously never want to increase prices, but as im sure anyone would understand we also have to ensure that we are covering our costs.

In relation to being notified every customer should have got our monthly newsletter which would have explained the price increase, it was left on all bins collected in week starting the 27/10/08

On the 20% tax allowance this is available to all our customers, you would get it on signing up or go to our website were the form can be downloaded

To recap no we are not 'finishing up' and our prices still remain to be the cheapest monthly charge in Co Wexford, also their is only <snip> working at Wastepal so I dont know about his <snip> saying its unworthwhile hassle?

Should you have any further questions/queries please email office@wastepal.com or lo call 1890 32 32 26

Regards
    Kieran Barnes
    Wastepal Sales

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I have removed a reference to a named individual. Please, no more public discussion about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Aye Kieran is right, checked it out anyway and they continuing strong with it. It's just rumours being spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

oh thats good, im glad they not finishing up... wonder why people would start silly rumours like that in first place...

woo hoo go wastepal... keep them texts coming (for silly forgetful people like me) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

sam_mom1 wrote: »
    oh thats good, im glad they not finishing up... wonder why people would start silly rumours like that in first place...

woo hoo go wastepal... keep them texts coming (for silly forgetful people like me) :D

You know what Wexford is like, if its gossip its News!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Nope, never heard of them and, if I were a suspicious type, I'd suggest that maybe you're their first employee to post here....;)

I'm with Wastepal and find them great. On the one occasion when they messed up and missed my bin (new crew on that day), they rectified it and collected within 8 hours of my call.

Advertisement