Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER issues in the high band range

• 03-11-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭

HI all,

I've a 1.2mtr Channel master dish with an invacom 0.3db lnb connected to the Channel master feedhorn, over the last 12 months I've had major issues with BER in the high band range, anything over 12-12.7ghz. Just wondering if this is a sign of a failing LNB? Or interference from DECT phones/ linksys routers? cable beginning to fail? All freq's below that are fine, the issue is across all satellites. My received is a dreambox 7000
    Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Could be an issue with the tuner maybe? Afraid I cannot really think of anything other than what you have said, maybe swapping the LNB if the dish is an easy to reach location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Could be an issue with the tuner maybe? Afraid I cannot really think of anything other than what you have said, maybe swapping the LNB if the dish is an easy to reach location?

Hi I've ruled out the tuner as I've a Technomate 5000 that I use to move the dish and when I check the channels in the high band range I have the same issue, Hopefully its just the lnb I'll try and change it out if I get a good day, problem is I reckon some of the screws holding the lnb to the feedhorn might be rusted up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah ok, that rules out the tuner then. If the screws are rusted then maybe try disconnecting any wifi gear you have and see if it makes a difference?

Advertisement