Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 and music

• 03-11-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with iTunes and my E71. Everytime I add new songs to the phone the music player seem to freeze. And it takes ages to add new songs. This means I have to turn on and off the phone and often resync the phone, making it hard to update podcasts.

Can anyone suggest an alternative programme for a mac?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Can't you just put all new stuff in a folder on your composter and drop that onto the e71's memory card? Sorry, I have no clue about macs... But I sure hate itunes for windows.

Btw, when you transfer loads of new stuff, refreshing the phone's library can take a few minutes the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The phone seems to take about 20 - 30 mins if I copy a couple of gigs of stuff. I know people don't like iTunes but I miss iPods for ease of use.

silvine wrote: »
    The phone seems to take about 20 - 30 mins if I copy a couple of gigs of stuff. I know people don't like iTunes but I miss iPods for ease of use.
    that's weird! 20-30 minutes is way too long. Just yesterday synced 150 songs to my e71 using pc suite... refreshing the library took about, hm, 2 minutes...

I formatted the memory card. That seemed to help. My phone still freezes the odd time though, I'm wondering if there is a virus on it. What programme are you using to move your files onto the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

silvine wrote: »
    I formatted the memory card. That seemed to help. My phone still freezes the odd time though, I'm wondering if there is a virus on it. What programme are you using to move your files onto the phone?
    Are you using bluetooth or USB to transfer the files over? Bluetooth will be much slower.

• Advertisement

USB

I usually just put the mem card in a card reader and drag'n'drop...much faster when you mover large/many files! If it's just one file or a .sis I use nokia suite occasionally. I find most sync-programs error-prone...and/or fiddly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

strecker wrote: »
    I usually just put the mem card in a card reader and drag'n'drop...much faster when you mover large/many files! If it's just one file or a .sis I use nokia suite occasionally. I find most sync-programs error-prone...and/or fiddly.
    Yeah, particularly the older versions of PC suite a few years back (absolutely nightmare trying to sync ports and such). Nowadays versions aren't nearly as bad.

Generally the usb connection will be slower than direct card transfer (depending on the card reader obviously). Also because PC suite is busy doing other things like accessing images, contacts, calendar etc from the phone even while it transfers it means less time concentrating on moving files.

Advertisement