Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fiesta ps

Options
  • 03-11-2008 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

when did the fiesta get power steering? i have a 1995 with ps but a dealer said 'someone[owner] must have put it in as they not have ps in 95' i think he is wrong. does ps make it more saleable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Power steering was optional in the Mk. 4 Fiesta (1995-1999), though it may have became standard at some stage, I'm not sure exactly. It was probably standard on Ghia models anyway. I don't know about the older Mk. 3 or "Fiesta Classic" which was sold alongside the new one until 1997 - which Fiesta are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm sure PS was available on some Fiesta variants in 1995. What size engine has your car? PS was more likely to have been fitted to the larger-engined cars, and this would counteract the increased saleability of PS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Anan1 wrote: »
    What size engine has your car?
    1.3 fiesta classic 5 door

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm guessing it's a UK import. In any case, the weedy buyers of today always like PS.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I had a 96 Fiesta Ghia at one stage which had power steering as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a UK import. In any case, the weedy buyers of today always like PS.:)
    No i don't think so. Would that be noted on the reg book?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

nope. my brothers 1.3 1994 had ps fitted,1.1 generally didn't

Advertisement