Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tests

Options
  • 03-11-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭

right any of you other lc'ers getting them?

last year our 6th years didnt but weve been told ours are starting on the 28 of november...not even the same month as fecking christmas!!:mad:

so thats somethings lovely to look foreward to in the next 25 days.

so much study so little time:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

right any of you other lc'ers getting them?

last year our 6th years didnt but weve been told ours are starting on the 28 of november...not even the same month as fecking christmas!!:mad:

so thats somethings lovely to look foreward to in the next 25 days.

so much study so little time:(

We have them too, but our are kinda closer to Xmas, ya know, in december oddly. Not looking foroward to em, but they shouldnt go too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nah we dont get Christmas exams, we get extra class while the rest of the school is having exams in December, then we have the Mocks around February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

We have them, near to christmas, naturaly enough, exam on the 23th of december this year, how fricking cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ours exams are in 2 weeks.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Yep, we have Christmas tests. Not sure when. Though I think they'll be a bit of a time waster as preparation for Christmas tests has always cut into class time.

We should really be getting stuff covered for the mocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think mine begin on the 7th of December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Mine begin 2moro!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Teachers have the choice of giving us exams or block classes, and all of them are giving us exams :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I don't know whether you guys are genuinely disappointed or just trying to appear 'cool'? :pac:

Surely Christmas tests are an advantage during 6th year. It's your last year at school and you should want to do the best you can. Christmas tests will be an advantage in that regard. They'll show you and your teachers how you're coping with your subjects. It gets you studying too. And if you do poorly, you will more than likely get a reality check and roll your sleeves up for the mocks.

The majority of my teachers voted against having them but the principal vetoed them! :D And I'm glad he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

we never get them in our school, everyone just has exams at the same time as the mocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

They had no x-mas tests last year in our school but they said it was a bad idea so we're gettin them this year. I think they're in 6 weeks...just before x-mas. I'm glad we have them cos its making me think about starting to study now!! Probably would hav left it until the mocks otherwise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

They haven't been planned yet but we should have them in 6 weeks. They're on the weeks before the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

gah teachers are telling me what stuff to start revising as well as what were donig now.
    i need to do way more then 3 hours a night to get this stuff done but i need a life!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's taking me 3 hours to do homework let alone study. I like the Christmas tests...it makes/forces me to work

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

We do ours just before the Christmas break, and mocks around Easter time, and general in class assessment tests in between (every month or so). Generally no pressure with them, just trying to better the result each time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah we have them during the week before we get our holidays. Christmas exams in November though is just wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Mine start December 3rd, and they're after school, dammit!

):

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

we don't have them, the mocks are so soon after sure

our mocks are before midterm so i can chill.thank iosa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Yeah, Christmas Exams... Ughh, starting on the 25th, of November obviously.

But our mocks are also before our midterm, which is great because my birthday is the Sunday ta the start of the midterm! So glad the mocks aren't after the midterm! Thta would have just been depressing, and a really crappy birthday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

We have Christmas exams starting the friday before christmas and ending on the tuesday, the 23rd! Feicin ghey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I actually had no idea, but this thread prompted me to find out.
    Seemingly they start on December 3rd and are essentially the same as the mocks.
    Fock.

Damn mocks are after mid term, I fúcking hate the rugby calender, ruins everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Fad wrote: »
    Damn mocks are after mid term, I fúcking hate the rugby calender, ruins everything.

Could be worse. They could be at the very start of February like us :(:eek:

The Christmas tests are grand though, just one paper for each subject and its only 2 hours long. Simple!

Jay P wrote: »
    Could be worse. They could be at the very start of February like us :(:eek:

Oh yeah i know what you mean, but i like having a reason to resent my schools affiliation with sweaty ball chasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Pah! I had my "Christmas" exams in Ocotber. Don't know why they were so early this year - possibly something to do with the school Christmas concert, I think loads of 6th years did crap in their C. tests last year cos they were off writing and rehearsing dramas or songs.

eeep
    im in the middle of mine now so far ive had three test
    Irish:history topics,leamthuiscint,an trial and a poetry question im quite confident about this one
    Chemistry:spent a whole week just studying it,at least 16 hours but i definietly failed it.couldnt even answer one full question:(
    Englsih:we had two hours to do a macbeth question and a comparitive question.got my macbeth done and was happy with it but was only on the 3rd paragraph of my comparitive.

french tomorow ewww

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Mine started friday. Oh the fun. Over on wednesday.. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Mine are starting tomorrow actually.. I think.
    I don't know what I have though. Forgot to bring home my timetable and didn't go in today.
    I'm a disgrace :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

So glad mine are over... Scary how much there actually is to learn :(:O

Getting results this week...eeeek! But sure, they're only Christmas exams!! :D

Advertisement