Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mine start this day 2 weeks, Xmas Oral for French tomorrow :S

Hate french!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Paradoxaholic

Mine started today. Oh the joy! It was english, and oh boy.. good luck to the poor teacher who tries to read my writing. The last page was rushed.. (Poetry) and i didnt even get to finish, so i spent my last 30 secs jotting down reasons why the question wasnt done. Heh. Im also screwd for the geography exams. Thanks to inefficiency on the teacher's side of course. Economic geography just has the be the most daunting part of the course. ARgh. :eek:

Fad wrote: »
    Mine start this day 2 weeks, Xmas Oral for French tomorrow :S

Hate french!
    Orals just have to be my weakest point in the subject. A million and one things begin to pop up in my head, that is NOTHING to do with the francais. C'est incroyable =/

Orals just have to be my weakest point in the subject. A million and one things begin to pop up in my head, that is NOTHING to do with the francais. C'est incroyable =/

French I am screwed for, Irish though, im actually looking forward to :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I actually love irish orlas too!
    They're a right oul' laugh.

French ones are, unfortunately, disgusting.
    The first question I was asked in my actual oral last year was about the health service. Seriously! Not even anything about my family- the freakin' health service.

• Advertisement

Hm. WELL...... The looking forward to irish orals most definitely doesnt apply to me. Im pretty sure that i ll start mouthing off some french phrases instead of irish. Its happened on a few occassions =/
    But, im not worried. I can safely say irish wont be counted in my leaving cert :D

bythewoods wrote: »
    I actually love irish orlas too!
    They're a right oul' laugh.

French ones are, unfortunately, disgusting.
    The first question I was asked in my actual oral last year was about the health service. Seriously! Not even anything about my family- the freakin' health service.

:O
    And what did you say??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Started today as well. Biology was fine but, English went tits up. Irish next.

creggy wrote: »
    Started today as well. Biology was fine but, English went tits up. Irish next.

Haha. I like expression. Why did english go wrong??
    Hm, Bio is on wednesday for me and i still have a few things to go over..which i should really try and cover tonight.:o

:O
    And what did you say??
    I had an answer prepared, luckily, because I want to study medicine so thought I'd be asked it. She wouldn't have known that at that stage though!
    I didn't even have a document...
    That damn wench asked everything.. anorexia, obesity, bertie aherne's makeup expenses (Yep)... everything!

• Advertisement

I had an answer prepared, luckily, because I want to study medicine so thought I'd be asked it. She wouldn't have known that at that stage though!
    I didn't even have a document...
    That damn wench asked everything.. anorexia, obesity, bertie aherne's makeup expenses (Yep)... everything!

Gosh.. EW!
    That was unfortunate. =.= So what happened? You didnt get the points you needed? Well, im assuming that you are repeating. Forgive me if im wrong.

Gosh.. EW!
    That was unfortunate. =.= So what happened? You didnt get the points you needed? Well, im assuming that you are repeating. Forgive me if im wrong.

That is indeed the case!
    Although, judging by my massive procrastinating ways I'm not going to do better this year.
    Christmas tests- tomorrow?! Just found out I've english and french. French! The bane of my existence.

Why am I here!?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

God I hate my school...

"Oh girls you know that your Christmas tests start tomorrow, right?

...uh, no miss, we don't, because YOU DIDN'T TELL US
    gulp

That is indeed the case!
    Although, judging by my massive procrastinating ways I'm not going to do better this year.
    Christmas tests- tomorrow?! Just found out I've english and french. French! The bane of my existence.

Why am I here!?

Youre here for the same reasons as im here. muahaa.. escaping glorious study. I have my biology book in front of me and if i dont get off this, im dead on wednesday.
    :D Also, think positive! :D Im also applying for medicine this year, but hmmm.... Whether or not i ll get is the issue.
    English, you can probably waffle. Although, that d oesnt work for me..... French.. uhm. can offer you sympathy, but im sure you ll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

50 minute maths test today after school only 4 questions i was fairly happy about it. Then the teacher gave everyone the answers for the questions and it was just argghhhhh f*ck off

phasers wrote: »
    God I hate my school...

"Oh girls you know that your Christmas tests start tomorrow, right?

...uh, no miss, we don't, because YOU DIDN'T TELL US
    gulp

Haha. well, i can say youre not the only one that happened to. We didnt get out timetable until LAST WEEK!.. and, we only got the list of possible questions on our geo test, TODAY! and the test is TOMMOROW morning! =) The joys! Im alreadyy resigned to my fate.

Stev_o wrote: »
    50 minute maths test today after school only 4 questions i was fairly happy about it. Then the teacher gave everyone the answers for the questions and it was just argghhhhh f*ck off

I dont get it?:confused:

I dont get it?:confused:

Cause i hate seeing whether i was right or wrong right after a test it really really gets to me mental and puts a downer on my day it was really the last thing i needed to see and then i get worried whether i failed or past so yeah =/ i just threw it in the bin once i got near one.

Got a short german test in the morning aswell as Irish listening and a geography test on rivers...oh the joy of it all.

Cause i hate seeing whether i was right or wrong right after a test it really really gets to me mental and puts a downer on my day it was really the last thing i needed to see and then i get worried whether i failed or past so yeah =/ i just threw it in the bin once i got near one.

Got a short german test in the morning aswell as Irish listening and a geography test on rivers...oh the joy of it all.

Oh, yeah i know the feeling of that. And i would have done the same too. :o Short german test? Good luck in that. Test on rivers? Someone is lucky..Geo test tommorow.. and im SCREWED! all physical and economic. I guess its going to be exam style questions but im hoping that the things ive studied comes up... or else.... EEK.:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Haha. I like expression. Why did english go wrong??
    Hm, Bio is on wednesday for me and i still have a few things to go over..which i should really try and cover tonight.:o

Ah questions on the comprehension wore very fugly.

• Advertisement

creggy wrote: »
    Ah questions on the comprehension wore very fugly.
    I see :D

75 in the oral, very happy (due to my unpreparedness)

75 in the oral, very happy (due to my unpreparedness)
    Haha. Well, GO YOU!

Haha. Well, GO YOU!

I mentioned I like music particularly metal music, her response was why do I not have long hair? odd

I mentioned I like music particularly metal music, her response was why do I not have long hair? odd

Hahaha! Stereotypical much. What did you tell her?

Hahaha! Stereotypical much. What did you tell her?

Told her that I had shoulder length hair up until the day before I went back to school, and I decided to get a haircut, of course being french she thought this was hysterical.

Told her that I had shoulder length hair up until the day before I went back to school, and I decided to get a haircut, of course being french she thought this was hysterical.

Lol :P
    Sweet. Youre in 6th year, right?

Hmm next Christmas test is on Thursday, History exam 5.45 to 8.30 considering i wake up at 7.20am thats one fecking long day which im not looking forward to even if history is my favorite subject. We gotta write 3 essays in that space of time....its do able right??? I have my fears that my hand will fall off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Hmm next Christmas test is on Thursday, History exam 5.45 to 8.30 considering i wake up at 7.20am thats one fecking long day which im not looking forward to even if history is my favorite subject. We gotta write 3 essays in that space of time....its do able right??? I have my fears that my hand will fall off.

Christmas exams in the evening?! We just got a week off school to do them, well not off, we were in doing exams... (I'm too tired to actually make sense today :()

Definately do-able if you can write fast! I had to write like 16 pages in a two hour english exam last week. Granted I thought my hand would never recover, and actually after the week of exams the muscles (which I didn't actually know existed!) in my hand/finger were sort of tender! Don't think my hand will make it through college :P Just keep writing until you can write no more! :D

• Advertisement

Christmas exams in the evening?! We just got a week off school to do them, well not off, we were in doing exams... (I'm too tired to actually make sense today :()

Definately do-able if you can write fast! I had to write like 16 pages in a two hour english exam last week. Granted I thought my hand would never recover, and actually after the week of exams the muscles (which I didn't actually know existed!) in my hand/finger were sort of tender! Don't think my hand will make it through college :P Just keep writing until you can write no more! :D

Aye the perks of going to a certain school i Dublin i guess i actually like the old 1 week of total exams where as now its just some teachers picking random days out and setting them in the evening tis too much!

Yeah im fast enough to write that amount im just worried by the time i get to the 3rd essay my writing will turn into a series of loops and squiggles :P

Advertisement