Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Paradoxaholic

Signature wrote: »
    So glad I don't have Christmas exams. :D
    Lol. Lucky are you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Stev_o wrote: »
    God damn rugby doesnt finish till around 9 and i have to write out my History special topic bah

Ditto, what's yours on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Ditto, what's yours on?

Shackletons Endurance Expedition reading all the books about it made me sooo very cold. Now have to just hand write out my account that i printed which my teacher wont accept :mad:

Shackletons Endurance Expedition reading all the books about it made me sooo very cold. Now have to just hand write out my account that i printed which my teacher wont accept :mad:

Bummer, I have to actually physically do mine. No bother about it being printed though, strange that you're teacher wouldn''t accept that. Mines on Watergate.

Bummer, I have to actually physically do mine. No bother about it being printed though, strange that you're teacher wouldn''t accept that. Mines on Watergate.

Aye well she wants it written in the official book thing so she can see how far we are or something tis stupid really. Watergates a good one. I really wanted to do a military one and just for some reason thats beyond me chose not to do one mainly because i thought id end up getting a corrector with noooo interest in such events at all or is a hardened pro peace activist :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

got some of my results back

Irish:55% my stair question was perfect but the comprehension dropped me loads
    French:49% i did absoloutly no work for it so cant complain
    Maths:60%didnt do anything for it so im delighted
    Chemistry:37% horrible dissapointed...spent hours and hours on this one:(

got some of my results back

Irish:55% my stair question was perfect but the comprehension dropped me loads
    French:49% i did absoloutly no work for it so cant complain
    Maths:60%didnt do anything for it so im delighted
    Chemistry:37% horrible dissapointed...spent hours and hours on this one:(

Nice one HL or OL though? Id be delighted with 60% for mine too, doubt ill get it though

Nice one HL or OL though? Id be delighted with 60% for mine too, doubt ill get it though

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

I'm only in 5th year atm, but I do 6th year Irish................

God I hope I don't have a Christmas test........

That would would be well difficult:(

ordinary maths.
    so far im managing to stay up in the rest shockingly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

mine are on the end off next weak o ****:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 -Aviron-

We have christmas mocks, English 2 and French this morning. Booyah:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

****in exams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Forgot to mention that mine are over :D

Some results so far

French - 77%
    Geography - 57%
    Maths - 48%
    English - 38% :mad:
    Biology - 73%
    History - 85%

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Exams start on 16th and go on until the 23rd (finish with LCVP :mad:). Not looking forward to finishing a 2.5 hour test in 2 hours and having to sit there like a eegit for half an hour...unless it's History or Maths then I've to sit there for 45 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Mine are starting on Tuesday, I'm not prepared at all. We're finished on Friday though which is great, 18 days off :)

We start on wednesday. ****ed for maths, german, english etc. Ah well, at least I'll have crimbo to help me forget all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Well results so far:

French Oral 75%.

Irish Oral 73.3% (Dissapointing to say the least, that said, if I had a sane examiner I'd say I would have gotten a B1/A2, He was angry at our classes (the only Hons class) work ethic, as people didnt show up as they were at the TCD open day..........TOOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Fad wrote: »
    Well results so far:

French Oral 75%.

Irish Oral 73.3% (Dissapointing to say the least, that said, if I had a sane examiner I'd say I would have gotten a B1/A2, He was angry at our classes (the only Hons class) work ethic, as people didnt show up as they were at the TCD open day..........TOOL)

The official examiners won't hold any grudges against you though- probably.
    My irish teacher last year wasn't too impressed with my oral, but the official examiner told me my oral was almost worth full marks.
    Just learn off reams of stuf and you'll be graaaaaaaaand!

So far, results wise, I've only got 3 back.
    Biology (97%), Irish (93%) and Chemistry (84%). Not looking too shabby just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

French Oral over and done with - last class Friday afternoon, I was absolutely wrecked but pulled it off, it's not as hard as I imagined (my old teacher used to make them out to be dreadful...and her Oral exams were :()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Got them Tuesday. Haven't done loads of study but I'll be okay I hope. I'm in 5th year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Most of my xmas results are average, save maths, French and English.....

Physics - 98%
    Biology - 97%
    Chem - 94%
    App Maths - 100%
    Irish - 86% (ehhhh for now anyway)

So overall not looking too bad so far...... But next week I have the hardest (French) and most subjectively corrected (English) so they could somewhat kill the good buzz!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I'm glad that we don't have christmas exams. Well, tomorrow we have a test in biology from the last year stuff and someday next week an english test from macbeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Mine begin on Wednesday and I'm screwed for them. I must seriously get some good cramming in over the next 3 days.

I don't even have an english poetry book.

Where can I find good notes on Elizabeth Bishop / John Montague?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

5 assessments this week, ugh :(

finally got my english back got 60% yay.
    got 72 on my macbeth question whoo

Physics was surprisingly nice! Around 70% maybe.

English tomorrow, it WILL be hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I got my final result back today. I was sort of dreading it because no matter what I do, the teacher always marks me ridiculously hard (because I play with my long hair, of all reasons. Seriously she said this straight out :confused:). Anyway, I got 98% (:D:D) and she grudgingly gave it back and said I marked it as hard as I could, but you've obviously worked hard, although you shouldn't have gotten the whole thing completed.

I have a feeling she hates me even more for doing well, but I don't care, I never thought I'd see the day when I would get an a1 in HL maths! :D:D Mwahaha, she's not getting rid of me ever now :D

English was HIDEOUS!

A C if im really optimistic, RE and OL Maths tomorrow.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

English was bleh, Business (which I'm shocking at) wasn't too bad!:D

Maths and Geo tomorrow!

Advertisement