Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Jeez we must have started ours rely early...have all mine finished and have the results

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Jeez we must have started ours rely early...have all mine finished and have the results

Yes but some schools hold Xmas exams at Xmas, Bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

had an irish essay test yesterday and my tae test.got the results today..did ok in the test but just failed the aiste.dragged my score from 55% to 52%
    still a pass im happy enough though i did think id gotten at least a b

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Irish & English today - Irish went pretty well, just kept writing until the end which was good, English was okay - did okay on Comparative & Poetry but as I can't get my head around Macbeth I only got 3 pages on imagery - something to work on I suppose.

History in the morning - virtually two exams in one as I've two teachers for History (one for Irish & Documents, other for European course). Don't know how it'll fair out - Irish course I've a great understanding of, the European I'm not great at :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Finished! No more school to January huzzah !

• Advertisement

Maths could have gone better, and Religion went freakishly well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Today:
    Maths: Better than expected, possibly passed.

German: A joke. Failed without a doubt.

Still, thats the hardest ones over. Biology and Irish tomorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Have done Irish, Biology and OL Maths so far. I'd say I got high Bs in Irish and Maths and a C in Biology. Have English and Physics tomorrow, I'm completely screwed for both :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

5 down, 2 to go.

Maths and Irish went HORRIBLY :eek:
    English was great, and French and Chemistry were ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

maths OL tomorow........... cant wait...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Our tests have been over for a good while and results are back.

I didn't do well - expected.

Irish and French tomorrow, frighteningly calm about it. I think I have french nearly passed already Irish too.

Irish is such a pain sometimes though. (No matter how much I love it)

Right, Biology today. And I haven't studied, so I'm not expecting much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Irish: Our teacher wasn't too impressed by most of the class failing the tape test...I got 49 in it, we misunderstood the Aiste title and said we were disagreeing when we were actually agreeing, Poetry and Prose weren't too bad, And I got 54% for the oral. In total i got 59%, which is a fairly decent foundation sicne I thought I did worse.

English: 86% in both a Macbeth essay worked on at home and a Paper 1 Essay done in a forty minute class. Happy out.

Maths: Ordinary Level ( my only one) 97%.

History: 73% for an essay on the rise of fascism in Europe. I failed to talk about Mussolini which was why I was docked marks.

Economics: 75%. Out of three tests average. Not bad, but I got 96% in one of the tests so a little sickened.

Haven't gotten French and Music back yet. My two worst subjects so they should make fun reading.

Forgot the word to forgive so a sentence on my Irish exam reads "Thug Íosa and A-Okay do Maire Maigdileana" This made me a happy bunny, wrote more in the Irish exam than I did in English!.

French was grand, still hate it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Fad wrote: »
    Irish and French tomorrow, frighteningly calm about it. I think I have french nearly passed already Irish too.

Irish is such a pain sometimes though. (No matter how much I love it)

They put Irish and French on the same day? That's just cruel! I'm always mixing the two together, so one exam followed by the other would not bode well at all for me! :(

No exams tomorrow! I've History on Monday and then I'm finished... I've got to study Parnell tomorrow, I hate that guy!

They put Irish and French on the same day? That's just cruel! I'm always mixing the two together, so one exam followed by the other would not bode well at all for me! :(

Yeah no one was particularly pleased that said RE and Maths together went worse for me :S

Numbers then Lies....Doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Yesterday:
    English: Comparative and Poetry Question. (Bishop)
    Did OK, focused more on structure and organisation than writing loads. Didn't finish either.

Today:
    Art History: Stone age, Iron age and Art Appreciation questions.
    Easy!
    History: Third Republic of France, Vietnam and Irish topic3
    Got France and Vietnam done, no time for Irish question.

Tomorrow:
    Maths (Easy) and Business (Screwed!)

Monday:
    Biology (Hope to get an A!)

I have a lot of work to do over the holidays.

Had Physics and English today, both were horrible.

I'd say I definitely failed Physics but hopefully did enough to pass English.

• Advertisement

Maths didn't go well at all - everyone came out of the centre giving out that most of the stuff we never did. He must've just photocopied random pages out of the exam papers as there was no structure to it whatsoever.

History yesterday, went well. Two essays - Mussolini (Totalitarian Dictatorship) and What Eucharistic Congress and/or Belfast Blitz did to Ireland's global image and moral. Finished up in just over an hour - 8 A4 pages, wasn't sure on some dates with the Mussolini essay though :(.

French & Accounting tomorrow - French will be easy, Accounting I have a feeling I'll get stuck on ratios, and possibly some workings on Final accounts. Something to focus on I suppose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Really, really should be studying my comparative texts right now. Or at least trying to remember the names of the characters so i can convincingly bull****. Oh well, back to Fable 2.

Biology did not go well, the one subject I'd be genuinely be dissapointed if I dont get and A1 in.

A well needed kick up the arse, need to seriously revise for it.

Chem on monday morning, then I have no school for 2 weeks, still 2 weeks of semi relaxing, couple of hours a day studying.

Geography went very well.

DCG went surprisingly bad, f*cked up an a couple of questions and just couldn't remember how to do the others, it's been so long since we did any drawing (we've just been working on the projects) and I've been doing no revision.

BUT NOW I'M FINISHED UNTIL JAN 7TH YES!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I've got all my results back apart from english!
    I'm on 545 points which.. is actually lower than what I got in my Leaving last year. Not cool.
    If I get a B1 in English though I go up to 550 and an A would mean I've actually improved!

Accounting was a train wreck - as predicted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

bythewoods wrote: »
    I've got all my results back apart from english!
    I'm on 545 points which.. is actually lower than what I got in my Leaving last year. Not cool.
    If I get a B1 in English though I go up to 550 and an A would mean I've actually improved!

Its people like you that make this board extremely depressing. 545 is extremely good to be getting at christmas time its a good springboard going into the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

545 is a excellent result, well done bythewoods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I can't see the reasoning behind counting up points after Christmas tests tbh. The exams are much shorter and are covering less than half of most courses :rolleyes:

The mocks is when the fun with the calculator starts imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

K4t wrote: »
    I can't see the reasoning behind counting up points after Christmas tests tbh. The exams are much shorter and are covering less than half of most courses :rolleyes:

The mocks is when the fun with the calculator starts imo.

I had this debate with my friend today. He was getting cocky as he got around 470 in Christmas exams even the exams wore only 1.5 hours long. I thought the Christmas was wore useful as I know what subject need more attention.

Advertisement