Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

All my teachers had the great idea of giving us full leaving certs, so that meant we had to do half of each exam in class the week before the scheduled exams. Not Fun!!!:mad::mad:

I screwed up in maths paper 2, the circle will be the end of me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Same, our teachers decided to give us full LC papers to do. Although, we were only given a "Paper 2" for English.

I had a great plan of counting up the points after studying mad but of course the plans came to nought. Now I'll be happy with getting C/Bs+ and I have a lot to do over the holidays for the pres.

It's a nice wake up call.

EDIT:!

Maths was great, I flew through it in about 45mins surprisingly, there were a few annoying questions.
    Business was hilarious. I left my business books in school the night before so couldn't study and during the time beforehand I had to help my friend with their issues. We were given a pre-leaving cert paper and it was grand. Ironically, the short questions were the hardest. The long questions were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Well, I failed german, but I was expecting that. 35 per cent was exactly my prediction. I just hope I dont fail maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

My Chemistry exam. Twas grand. A mixture of some past exam questions and pre papers together.

I can put up other exams if people are interested. eg. english, irish, maths etc. etc.

We had geography today and he gave us short questions which were pre submittted for the leaving certificate but werent selected. They were challenging! My teacher is an advising examiner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Had French and Physics today, now I'm finished Christmas tests forever! :D

French was easy, finished an hour early. Physics was good too, I left happy afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

K4t wrote: »
    I can't see the reasoning behind counting up points after Christmas tests tbh. The exams are much shorter and are covering less than half of most courses :rolleyes:

I think it is a good indication tbh, especially if, like myself, you got full exam-style papers.

I have all mine back now, and got 550. Incidentally this is exactly what I got in my actual LC last year. By not improvng at all I've become aware of the fact that I'm "repeating the same mistakes as last year".
    Which sucks a little.
    Must-be-more-dilligent.

Maths. Twas fair but we were only given 2:20 to do 6 questions when we should have got the extra 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clubsandwedge

Finished the exams and am fairly content with about 4 of them, 'them' being Maths, English, Chemistry and Biology.

I feel (at the same time) stubborn and empowered by only studying properly for the subjects I like. Although I feel absolutely no guilt about neglecting Irish. French and Physics need a push.

FORECASTED RESULTS:

Maths - 84 - 92 (avg 88)
    English - 80 - 95 (avg 87.5) although I always top the class here, it's fairly ambiguous
    Chemistry - 75 - 90 (avg 82.5)
    Biology - 80 - 92 ( avg 86 )
    Physics - 40 - 60 ( avg 50 )
    French - 30 - 60 ( avg 45 )
    Irish - 40 - 60 (avg 50 )

;)
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

JSK 252 wrote: »
    I can put up other exams if people are interested. eg. english, irish, maths etc. etc.

We had geography today and he gave us short questions which were pre submittted for the leaving certificate but werent selected. They were challenging! My teacher is an advising examiner.

Would you mind showing us your English exam please? If you could, could you post Biology or History or Art also?

Thanks.

(Good revision for me since I have the exam papers answered)

• Advertisement

Gloom wrote: »
    Would you mind showing us your English exam please? If you could, could you post Biology or History or Art also?

Thanks.

(Good revision for me since I have the exam papers answered)

No bother.

Sorry about the coffee stain!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gregbelvo

The report will waft through my letterbox bringing with it a symphony of displeasure and disillusionment,covering my household in a thick smog of discontent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Maths. Twas fair but we were only given 2:20 to do 6 questions when we should have got the extra 10.

I was just thinking to myself the other day, you never hear people having female honours maths teachers. I stand corrected...
    Just thinking out loud, no sexism intended! :P

I was just thinking to myself the other day, you never hear people having female honours maths teachers. I stand corrected...

All the maths teachers in my school are female! Yah I know what you mean. Its mainly a male dominated subject along with physics but things are changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

That's weird, most of the HL maths teachers I know are women, and male teachers have OL! Just depends on where you are I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

gregbelvo wrote: »
    The report will waft through my letterbox bringing with it a symphony of displeasure and disillusionment,covering my household in a thick smog of discontent.

At least you did well in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

All the maths teachers in my school are female! Yah I know what you mean. Its mainly a male dominated subject along with physics but things are changing!
    Hm, all 3 of the teachers I had for LC Physics were female. : p Maths teacher was male though (and presumably still is).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

all the honors maths teachers in my school are girls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Everything HL except Maths
    Irish-70%
    Maths(OL)-72%
    Chem-57% :(

nothing else back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Doing better than I thought considering my absences and lack of study.

Irish: 59%
    English:80%
    Chemistry: 55%

• Advertisement

Got some of my results back:

English 88%
    Irish 86%
    Maths 83% when we were given 10 minutes less than the usual
    French 87%
    Geography 93%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I was reasonably happy

French 86%
    History 85%
    Art History 83%
    English 79%
    Maths (OL) 76%... somehow, i was completely lost all year
    German 73%

Plenty of room for improvement but not too worrying either. I'm still awaiting my music test result cos i study it outside of school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

English - 58%
    Maths (OL) - 86%
    Irish - 72%
    Geography - 71%
    Physics - 37%
    Biology - 49%
    DCG - 28% :eek::eek::eek:

325 points. Guess I have a bit of work to do, I need 420.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I got 505.

English - D3
    Irish(O) - B2
    French - C1
    Maths - A1
    Physics - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Biology - A2

I just passed English though with a 40%. I'm hoping though that our teacher marked us severely hard because she is that type of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

English - 78% - B2
    Irish - 75% - B2
    French - 70% - B3
    Maths - 70% - B3
    Geograpghy - 80% - B1
    Art - 83% - B1
    Music - 80% - B1

I thinks that's 490. I should've gotten an A in Music, I was just really lazy and it was a difficult test, 10 minutes to do a full melody! :eek: You're supposed to get 30!

....and Biology 97% and Chemistry 97%

so 570 overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Only got the last of my results today...............

Biology(H) 89%
    Accountancy(H) 81%
    Phys/Chem(H) 80%
    English(H) 78%
    Home Ec(H) 77%
    French(H) 66%
    Irish(H) 52%
    Maths(O) 93%

490 points...i'm happy with most of them seen as i didn't bother studyin until the night before each one. i know i can do a lot better tho if i study but but i'm after gettin so lazy since christmas and i'm not doin a tap!! :mad: ahhhh i hate sixth year!!!!!:mad::mad:

I got 420, hopefully I'll manage around 500 over all in the real thing.

Do people use their Christmas tests results as an estimate of what they'll actually get? Unless they were full papers, shorter tests aren't really indicative of what you'll really get.

• Advertisement

Do people use their Christmas tests results as an estimate of what they'll actually get? Unless they were full papers, shorter tests aren't really indicative of what you'll really get.

Its not definite, but at the same time, its an indication of sorts.........

Advertisement