Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bought new phone and its sh** battery only lasts half day,, and shop wont change it

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I bought a new phone and its sh**... the battery only lasts untill eight pm if i charge it untill i leave for work,, and shop wont change it as they say its not a fault with the phone.. ive rang my phone company also and its the same story.. its a week and a half old i could have changed it within 7 days if i wasnt happy... and if there was a fault i have 28 days but they think the phone is ok... im self employed and rely on a good battery as im a call out plumber!!!!!!!!!! any one any ideas????:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

browner85 wrote: »
    I bought a new phone and its sh**... the battery only lasts untill eight pm if i charge it untill i leave for work,, and shop wont change it as they say its not a fault with the phone.. ive rang my phone company also and its the same story.. its a week and a half old i could have changed it within 7 days if i wasnt happy... and if there was a fault i have 28 days but they think the phone is ok... im self employed and rely on a good battery as im a call out plumber!!!!!!!!!! any one any ideas????:mad::mad::mad:

What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

its a nokia 6500 classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Consumer Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Whats the phone model and what features are on the phone by default.
    How much do you use it during the day? Txt much? Use any other features on it?
    Most new phones with lots of features, big screen, 3G need need charging every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Did you follow the instructions regarding the very first charge? It's really important to follow them to the letter for the first one.

• Advertisement

I would not mind if it lasted the full day it varies as to how long i would be on the phone could be an hour could be three.... it should not matter how long should it? its a nokia 6500 classsic i dont have bluetooth turned on or use 3g..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged into one.

OP, when creating threads, please create just the one thread in one forum.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Might be worth bringing it into a Nokia Service Centre to check the battery and software on it. They might find a fault which you can then take up with the shop under the 28 day return policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

it should not matter how long should it? ..

It very much does. Lots of time spent on calls will eat battery life.

I got myslef a a basic phone for work for this exact reason. The samsung m110 , think VF have it for under €100 on rtg if your on bill pay and dont have an upgrade due.

It's got a rubber shell and is really durable, battery last for days on a charge (even with a good bit of use)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I would not mind if it lasted the full day it varies as to how long i would be on the phone could be an hour could be three.... it should not matter how long should it? its a nokia 6500 classsic i dont have bluetooth turned on or use 3g..
    take a look at some phone specs at www.gsmarena.com
    for most phones it gives two battery times, standby time and talk time, the latter being a lot less than the former
    your phone is supposed to last about 3 and a half hours talk time so if you're getting 3 hours you're doing well

the battery life can be sh!t on these new nokias, mine sometimes lasts less than a day, so i have a charger in work, a car charger and for those times when i'll be away for a very long time, a spare battery i keep in my pocket

• Advertisement

i got it changed today to a sony-ericsson i told them i charged it this morning but i just turned it off last night and went back to my old phone untill ten mins before i walked into the shop!!!! i never had batery trouble like this before my last nokia was a lot5 more hi tech than the one i brought back and no battery trouble!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Two of my friends have the same phone ,along with myself. They have the same complaints with the phone, all of us are on the Three newtork. However I get at least 2 days without a charge, I do not use it much 5 to 10 minutes a day on calls and about 5 txt messages. Other than that I use it as a clock. The only diff is that I bought mine sim free, both theres are from Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

could have been a batch of faulty batteries? or old stock but those nokias are new enough?

Advertisement