Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XMAS Day

• 04-11-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Anyone know when its on and what the plan is for it? hopefully i wont get stuck with exams on that day like last year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Its been cancelled. The college is having nothing to do with it this year because of how bad things got last year and it gives the college a bad name. They read out some of the letters from residents and the stuff people did was seriously stupid and it definetly is very lucky that no one got seriously injured. They also said that the president of the college siad he didn't want it either and that if it went ahead he wouldn't let the SU have any more on campus events ie freshers week and RAG week. Also it would be likely that the residents would object to the bar being opened on campus too.

I'm sure other pubs and stuff are going to be touting their own christmas day specials, but thats cuz they couldn't careless about people. they just want yur money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

suppafly wrote: »
    Its been cancelled.

the dirty bastards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

heard it was in 2 weeks but i doubt dats cit endorsed after last years shenanigans. heard rumours it was gonna be cancelled but didnt know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 whateverminger

I was so looking forward to this grrr! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Its been cancelled.

CIT Xmas Day has not been cancelled. They are just gona tone down the drinking side of things and try a few charity drives.

• Advertisement

CIT Xmas Day has not been cancelled. .
    the SU said in the Student Council meeting there last week that it was so unless they've changed their mind in the last week...
    They are just gona tone down the drinking side of things and try a few charity drives

there is absolutely no way for them to control or tone down how much people drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

My Final year, the one year I decided I might try and go out for it as everything got in way past few days with exams on the same day etc..... Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 wpb_gog

Yea its been wsa at a meeting last wk.its been called off because all the stuff that happened last yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

the SU said in the Student Council meeting there last week that it was so unless they've changed their mind in the last week...

really?? my apologies. i wasn't at the most recent meeting and didn't expect them to do a u-turn. what was said??

there is absolutely no way for them to control or tone down how much people drink.

true. but this could apply to any day of the week.

It is clear it will go ahead unofficially anyways - Just no xmas dinner :)

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    It is clear it will go ahead unofficially anyways - Just no xmas dinner :)

yeah exactly. In the meeting they said that the college wasn't going to official endorse one and was going to tell the radio stations and stuff about it and send out a press release. cuz they know they people r going to go out and have a drinking day anyway
    really?? my apologies. i wasn't at the most recent meeting and didn't expect them to do a u-turn. what was said??

basically they said that the college was getting a bad name in the community of going mad and wrecking the place on xmas day. the president of the college also told the SU that it wouldn't allow them to have anymore on campus events if it did go ahead i.e. no events for freshers and RAG week.

it was kinda stupid how they were going to tell the rest of the college. they had these posters that said why it should be cancelled, but in the meeting they were saying it def would be. So they were going to be confusing people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 wpb_gog

they gave out a couple of letters as well in the meeting which were from residents and da local primary school. u can understand y it was cancelled after reading them. i showed em to my class n day understood den y it was cancelled. it mit b back nxt yr but its gonna b really pushed as a charity event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

wpb_gog wrote: »
    they gave out a couple of letters as well in the meeting which were from residents and da local primary school. u can understand y it was cancelled after reading them. i showed em to my class n day understood den y it was cancelled. it mit b back nxt yr but its gonna b really pushed as a charity event
    Would ya mind posting a few here.. Even if its only snippets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 djspringer

hey all, i know a lot of bad things probably happened last year but bad things happen on other nights aswell , but to be fair the SU didn't do anything to prevent it , there should have stewards around the area or something
    CIT sucks when it comes to social events , rag week and freshers week are poor , the one thing we have is CIT Christmas , personally I'm disgusted with this , im delighted its my last year in CIT because in 4 years ive been there its gotten worse each year (not speaking academically)

djspringer wrote: »
    hey all, i know a lot of bad things probably happened last year but bad things happen on other nights aswell , but to be fair the SU didn't do anything to prevent it , there should have stewards around the area or something
    CIT sucks when it comes to social events , rag week and freshers week are poor , the one thing we have is CIT Christmas , personally I'm disgusted with this , im delighted its my last year in CIT because in 4 years ive been there its gotten worse each year (not speaking academically)
    That you Jerry?

hey donal , thats me aite , pissed off

How come

3000 posts wow donal thats alot of talking

cit xmas best day of the year

anyone know if the btown/loft/outpost are doing nething for it? will it be standard xmas day for them r are they going along with the colleges stance?

• Advertisement

rumor has it that the b town will be serving xmas dinner for a 5 and that the bars will be open and in full swing , it will however be unofficial , the students are still going to go drinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Latest thing I heard is the b town are having a x mas day on wednesday 26th should be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

ya its true about btown bar on the 26th flyers are being handed out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cork Like

djspringer wrote: »

so true. i was in ITTralee last year and the night life and social scene was so so so much better. The students union organized the events, instead of just telling us about them, and there were dacent. lol. and banning christmas? thats a joke. CIT Xmas is famous as one of the best college events in the country..... ****s to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mike.230

YAY!! Wednesday 26th is def the unofficial Xmas day. Which hopefully means it will be as good a laugh as any other year. I'll be there by lunch time anyway to guarantee a place.

its being cancelled in btown bar aswell u do know dat????

its being cancelled in btown bar aswell u do know dat????

where did you here dat? they wer handing out flyers for it yesterday...

ya but a lecture got an email and d student union and lectures are havin a meeting with the btown bar now to see will it go ahead or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mike.230

What right do they have to tell a pub whether they can have a promotion or not?

• Advertisement

safety of their students apparently

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement