Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XMAS Day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 djspringer

we are all over 18 our safety is in our hands
    i thought the student union is there to represent the students , i can not see any evidence of that , the su is bunch of people who seem to rather looking down and feeling superior to students because they are on this great council , i have yet to see the student union try to address any real issues

i for one will celebrate the great cit xmas day tradition regardless of whether it is in the interest of my safety , and i am not going to keep the su happy when they do nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

djspringer im only tellin ye what i heard thats all not trying to make you mad

i know lou , just arguing the point , sorry to seem aggressive

sorry I was only saying what I heard today I didn't mean to ruin ur whole xmas day fasination i dont know what its about its my first year in college

might sound nostalgic, but my best memories of cit and of college are from that day and its my last year too so ,

• Advertisement

oh right I will have to try and experience it so if its that good if there is any hope at all...SAVE CIT XMAS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mike.230

I have to say that xmas day was the def the best day of the year for me too, just something about it, great atmosphere. Ive been to the last 4 of them all fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

The SU can't stop BTown Bar from doing anything, and i know for a fact that they aren't the only pub in Bishopstown thats having an unofficial XMAS Day party. I think the pubs will get slated if anything goes wrong but thats entirely up to them so they can deal with d consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

Only thing is that the B-town seem to be the only ones actually promoting anything, so the place'll probably be jammered all day. ****it tho, theres an offy just over the road..

• Advertisement

ever heard of in house promoting??? other pubs in bishopstown are holding a party, and a lot of clubs in town are doing d same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

Apologies, havent heard or seen anything cept the b-towns thing, though i usually only hear stuff bout 5 mins before it happens..
    Should be a good laugh anyways, got rugby match and all at 2pm like.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭seandugg

Are ye ready for it lads? Hell in a cell all over again. A guy in my class kicked a radiator off the wall in the btown last year. Another guy i know took a dump in a pint glass and left it on the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

seandugg wrote: »
    Another guy i know took a dump in a pint glass and left it on the bar

rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MoonGoDown

A guy in my class kicked a radiator off the wall in the btown last year. Another guy i know took a dump in a pint glass and left it on the bar
    Absolutely pathetic. Now granted, last year I was drunk by midday but I wasn't around the place with this kinda carry on. The behavior of some people last year was an absolute disgrace and thats unquestionable. I'm actually kinda glad it's been cancelled - for the simple reason that we don't deserve the privilege.

hang on there now baby, its not been canceled. Next Wednesday its kicking off, maybe in an unofficial capacity but mark my words it will happen. No holds barred, anything goes, survival off the fittest, down to the wire, HELL IN A CELL!!!!!!

If you don't want to come nobody is forcing you to...Don't try ruin it for everyone else with your negativity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 d badger

MoonGoDown wrote: »
    Absolutely pathetic. Now granted, last year I was drunk by midday but I wasn't around the place with this kinda carry on. The behavior of some people last year was an absolute disgrace and thats unquestionable. I'm actually kinda glad it's been cancelled - for the simple reason that we don't deserve the privilege.

God your only a barrel of laughs, i think CIT xmas Day isnt for your type mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

i know took a dump in a pint glass and left it on the bar

I think I drank that:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Mike.230 wrote: »
    What right do they have to tell a pub whether they can have a promotion or not?
    You tell em Mike!! ya beauty!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Don't try ruin it for everyone else with your negativity

I thinks its actually the case that it was ruined for the vast majority who dont take it too far, by those few idiots who did take it too far, doing idiotic things like calling for "hell in a cell", kicking radiators off walls, and sh***ing in beer glasses.

• Advertisement

I thinks its actually the case that it was ruined for the vast majority who dont take it too far, by those few idiots who did take it too far, doing idiotic things like calling for "hell in a cell", kicking radiators off walls, and sh***ing in beer glasses.

Oh you do thinks do you....Its as simple as this,If you cant stands the heats then get out of the kitchens.

I think you should you stay back in your student apartment for the day watch home and away, maybe even get a DVD and a chinese then that night. you wouldn't want to risk taking things too far....

As for the rest of of my comrades who will be joining me, here are some words of advice.

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. Above all remember, never retreat, never.

I PREDICT A RIOT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Oh you do thinks do you....Its as simple as this,If you cant stands the heats then get out of the kitchens.

I think you should you stay back in your student apartment for the day watch home and away, maybe even get a DVD and a chinese then that night. you wouldn't want to risk taking things too far....

As for the rest of of my comrades who will be joining me, here are some words of advice.

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. Above all remember, never retreat, never.

I PREDICT A RIOT:D

BALLSY I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I PREDICT A RIOT

And I think if you can't spell or form coherent sentences, then you have no place in college! You and your friends are a shining example of why it was cancelled this year. Not only was that "prank" immature, it was also physically disgusting and unhygienic!
    In all honesty, I was pretty wasted for all of it last year but that behaviour is seriously uncalled for. Don't think alcohol is an excuse for it cos it's not!
    If you don't want to come nobody is forcing you to...Don't try ruin it for everyone else with your negativity

Of course we all want to come. Technically it is our college's national day and is cause for great celebration, but it's people like you that ruin the experience for everyone. Who the hell wants to see human waste in a glass? No one (except for the immature scumbags)!

Grow up!

blow69 wrote: »
    And I think if you can't spell or form coherent sentences, then you have no place in college! You and your friends are a shining example of why it was cancelled this year. Not only was that "prank" immature, it was also physically disgusting and unhygienic!
    In all honesty, I was pretty wasted for all of it last year but that behaviour is seriously uncalled for. Don't think alcohol is an excuse for it cos it's not!

Of course we all want to come. Technically it is our college's national day and is cause for great celebration, but it's people like you that ruin the experience for everyone. Who the hell wants to see human waste in a glass? No one (except for the immature scumbags)!

Grow up!

Technically its not your college's national day, it's your institute of technology's national day.....

Of Course alcohol is not an excuse...but i don't remember trying to make any excuses?

Sorry about the spelling buddy, but its an Internet forum not English class.

grow d hell up seandugg, what age are u like? what course are u doing again???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Junior infants from the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

apologies, but what he is promoting is disgraceful and shouldn't be left anywhere near CIT or this forum

Gauge wrote: »
    Junior infants from the sound of it.
    ha ha good one.....
    Macca07 wrote: »
    apologies, but what he is promoting is disgraceful and shouldn't be left anywhere near CIT or this forum

???
    What are you on about? I haven't promoted anything, CIT has.This is what happened last year, the year before and will happen again this year under the banner( maybe the unofficial banner this time)of CIT XMAS DAY.

I applaud the chance they are offering everybody to cut loose for one day. If you cant handle it or are not interested then stay at home, but stop trying to ruin it for the rest of the people who have been in training for the mayhem with the last 12 months.
    Macca07 wrote: »
    grow d hell up seandugg, what age are u like? what course are u doing again???
    Im 456 years old and im studying jazz flute and astrology.....What does it matter what age I am and course I'm doing?

Can we get this thread back on topic now please

• Advertisement

its people like u that give CIT a bad name, have fun trying to get a job if u ever graduate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement