Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XMAS Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

seandugg wrote: »
    ha ha good one.....
    stop trying to ruin it for the rest of the people who have been in training for the mayhem with the last 12 months.

And how's about you stop trying to ruin it for the people who have assignments/exams/classes they can't skip that day? It works both ways. If you're planning to spend this day with 'mayhem' in mind then I can see why it's on its way to being cancelled. It's all very well to cut loose once in a while, but have some respect for your fellow students and the people who work in the college and bars. No one should have to put up with stupid stunts like people leaving excrement in glasses and if that's the kind of immature rubbish you think is acceptable then CIT have every right to pull an event that people can't celebrate without being destructive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 d badger

Gauge wrote: »
    And how's about you stop trying to ruin it for the people who have assignments/exams/classes they can't skip that day? It works both ways. If you're planning to spend this day with 'mayhem' in mind then I can see why it's on its way to being cancelled. It's all very well to cut loose once in a while, but have some respect for your fellow students and the people who work in the college and bars. No one should have to put up with stupid stunts like people leaving excrement in glasses and if that's the kind of immature rubbish you think is acceptable then CIT have every right to pull an event that people can't celebrate without being destructive.

Mayhem baby!! going to be senational, it gets better and wilder each year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

djspringer wrote: »
    the su is bunch of people who seem to rather looking down and feeling superior to students because they are on this great council , i have yet to see the student union try to address any real issues

so i presumed you've never voted for any of em. can I ask who you did vote for?? or is this your first year in the college??
    Macca07 wrote: »
    The SU can't stop BTown Bar from doing anything, and i know for a fact that they aren't the only pub in Bishopstown thats having an unofficial XMAS Day party.
    Macca07 wrote: »
    ever heard of in house promoting??? other pubs in bishopstown are holding a party, and a lot of clubs in town are doing d same.

they can have Xmas Day parties all they want. But as soon as they mention the words "CIT Xmas Day" in the same sentence, they are in trouble.
    Are ye ready for it lads? Hell in a cell all over again. A guy in my class kicked a radiator off the wall in the btown last year. Another guy i know took a dump in a pint glass and left it on the bar
    hang on there now baby, its not been canceled. Next Wednesday its kicking off, maybe in an unofficial capacity but mark my words it will happen. No holds barred, anything goes, survival off the fittest, down to the wire, HELL IN A CELL!!!!!!

If you don't want to come nobody is forcing you to...Don't try ruin it for everyone else with your negativity
    Oh you do thinks do you....Its as simple as this,If you cant stands the heats then get out of the kitchens.

I think you should you stay back in your student apartment for the day watch home and away, maybe even get a DVD and a chinese then that night. you wouldn't want to risk taking things too far....

As for the rest of of my comrades who will be joining me, here are some words of advice.

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in. Above all remember, never retreat, never.

I PREDICT A RIOT:D

:rolleyes: wow, your mother must be proud. classy guy here lads. i'm guessing your not actually in CIT, possibly barely in secondary education. and dude, you need to get out more. if drinking in a pub is what you describe as "survival of the fittest", then you my friend have to see more of the world. also, considering all of your posts are just complete b*llsh*t and reek of trolling, I'd call on the mod to maybe step in here...

well put. very well put.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭seandugg

Are they going to be studying out in the btown for they day? the people who work in the bars get paid very well (i worked in the outpost one year on xmas day) They are free not to work if they feel that way. The bars make a hell of a lot of money for the day. The money they make more than cancels out the damage caused and they are more than happy to accommodate students blowing off a bit off steam for the 1 day of the year they are allowed.

Where's the problem? If you dont agree stay away and stop complaining. The vast majority dont agree with you and there will be q's in the door from 1 o clock. ROLL ON THE RUMBLE DOWN IN BTOWN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MoonGoDown

16ks2l5.jpg

Typical, some1 puts up a argument and backs up his points. u don't agree so he's a troll...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

seandugg ur a disgrace really u have no self respect so how can u respect anyone else

Typical, some1 puts up a argument and backs up his points. u don't agree so he's a troll...

HAHA, no. Try again when you've suitably backed up your points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MoonGoDown

You call this a backing up your points:

"I PREDICT A RIOT"

"ROLL ON THE RUMBLE DOWN IN BTOWN"

I've been a moderator on various forums for many years, I know exactly when someone is trying to get a rise out of people or not. Grow up boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jamescumm

One of my buddies told me that their was a madman on this thread trying to ruin a great day that is Christmas Day in C.I.T. After reading all the posts there are clearly views on differing ends of the spectrum. Seandugg clearly wants to have a good time and his idea of this is to actually destroy C.I.T Christmas Day by doing all sorts of henious acts. After reading all of these posts there clearly is two choices: not to show up at all or to fall in line and bring the Btown Bar to its knees. After weighing up my options I'm with the latter view

I think ye should all just take a chill pill and prepare for the madness that is CIT xmas day!!!!!!! Ya Baby!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 questionablecon

Originally posted by evil-monkey:
    considering all of your posts are just complete b*llsh*t and reek of trolling, I'd call on the mod to maybe step in here...
    I can't really agree with that, he's entitled to his opinion and no matter how childish or misguided his opinion is, you can't just go calling him a troll and try to kick him off the board because you disagree with him. Try coming up with a proper argument maybe....

I have no problem with people who disagree with me. I have a problem with people trying to take away free will.. The day will go ahead, and people will turn up for the same reasons I am going.

Some people's agenda would be better served by ringing up Joe Duffy instead of talking down a great student day out on a student forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

I have no problem with people who disagree with me. I have a problem with people trying to take away free will.. The day will go ahead, and people will turn up for the same reasons I am going.

Some people's agenda would be better served by ringing up Joe Duffy instead of talking down a great student day out on a student forum.

calling joe duffy never solved any problem. all he does is say 'ah look thats just terrible' and moves on to the next caller

anyone that has attended "CIT Xmas day" will agree that it is a splendid day out, yer all entitled to yer opinion but i know ill b there bright and early to get a good seat near the jax and the bar.

Are you even reading the thread? We're NOT trying to talk down a great day. Unless we're talking about different types of great days- because I know mine don't involve ripping radiators off of walls and defecating in glasses.

All everyone is saying that it's the selfish people who indulge in immature and destructive behaviour- THEY are the ones ruining the day for everyone. Christmas day isn't at risk of being cancelled because of the quiet people who don't go all out- it's at risk of being cancelled because of the people who go too far, like your aforementioned friends.

Also, you appear to have no idea what 'agenda' means. Nobody is trying to take away free will (and frankly, if you're sulky because people on the internet don't think childish and selfish behaviour is fun, you don't have much free will to begin with), but a bit of common sense never goes amiss. Have fun by all means, but don't mess things up for the students who can't participate because they have more important priorities!

Do I need to break this down further for you? Drinking, having fun, letting loose- these are all fine. Acting the eejit, vandalising, and participating in vulgar and selfish behaviour- BAD, and the very things that will see CIT christmas day get banned without fail. Those of you complaining and then going too far... you'll only have yourselves to blaim when the opportunity gets taken away from you because you were too immature to enjoy yourselves responsibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

Do I need to break this down further for you? Drinking, having fun, letting loose- these are all fine. Acting the eejit, vandalising, and participating in vulgar and selfish behaviour- BAD, and the very things that will see CIT christmas day get banned without fail. Those of you complaining and then going too far... you'll only have yourselves to blaim when the opportunity gets taken away from you because you were too immature to enjoy yourselves responsibly.

blaim haha *zing!!

Are you even reading the thread? We're NOT trying to talk down a great day. Unless we're talking about different types of great days- because I know mine don't involve ripping radiators off of walls and defecating in glasses.

All everyone is saying that it's the selfish people who indulge in immature and destructive behaviour- THEY are the ones ruining the day for everyone. Christmas day isn't at risk of being cancelled because of the quiet people who don't go all out- it's at risk of being cancelled because of the people who go too far, like your aforementioned friends.

Also, you appear to have no idea what 'agenda' means. Nobody is trying to take away free will (and frankly, if you're sulky because people on the internet don't think childish and selfish behaviour is fun, you don't have much free will to begin with), but a bit of common sense never goes amiss. Have fun by all means, but don't mess things up for the students who can't participate because they have more important priorities!

I see some of your points but don't think you get what the day is about. Were you there last year? I was in the btown, the majority of people there were there for the mayhem. There was sex in gardens, drinking on the streets, we have all read the reports, we all know that its hell in a cell and thats why they will fill the btown again this year. People go to act the eejit and let go of common sense for a while.

"People on the internet" might think its childish and selfish. Stay on the internet so, 90% of people at xmas day are atending because it is the 1 day of the year when anything goes.

If you want to go out normally there's 52 thursday and saturday nights in the year for you to go havannas and talk about the internet.

Thats my take on it. Shout troll thats the only arguement some of ye can offer but im just offering my opinion

seandugg ur a disgrace really u have no self respect so how can u respect anyone else

No need to get personal with the abuse honey, not the place for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

seandugg, if u really had worked in d outpost u'd know very well that d staff don't really enjoy working it, most are forced into it, and d owners aren't very happy at d end of d day either, hence why d outpost stopped serving last year at 9

I see some of your points but don't think you get what the day is about. Were you there last year? I was in the btown, the majority of people there were there for the mayhem. There was sex in gardens, drinking on the streets, we have all read the reports, we all know that its hell in a cell and thats why they will fill the btown again this year. People go to act the eejit and let go of common sense for a while.

"People on the internet" might think its childish and selfish. Stay on the internet so, 90% of people at xmas day are atending because it is the 1 day of the year when anything goes.

If you want to go out normally there's 52 thursday and saturday nights in the year for you to go havannas and talk about the internet.

Thats my take on it. Shout troll thats the only arguement some of ye can offer but im just offering my opinion

I've been 'there' for 4 christmas days. Yes I get what the day is about, unfortunately most people take it too far and that is exactly why it's at risk for being cancelled. Technically I didn't celebrate last year because I was a 4th year and had classes which were inevitably disrupted by the people who couldn't contain their xmas day festivities to the bars/canteen.

I just can't understand how you can work in a bar and not get just how lousy it is for someone to leave sh!t in a glass for the barman to clean up.
    blaim haha *zing!!

Typo != zing.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I have a problem with people trying to take away free will..

Ripping a radiator off a wall is not free will. It's called reckless endangerment and vandalism!

the people who work in the bars get paid very well

Oh that makes it so much better! Thanks so much for clearing that up for me!

P.S Stop saying 'hell in a cell'. Maybe that **** flies in pres secondary, but not here!

blow69 wrote: »
    Ripping a radiator off a wall is not free will. It's called reckless endangerment and vandalism!

Oh that makes it so much better! Thanks so much for clearing that up for me!

P.S Stop saying 'hell in a cell'. Maybe that **** flies in pres secondary, but not here!

How is taking a radiator off a wall putting anybody in reckless danger? My view is that the pub welcomes this carry on. Why would they promote the event year on year if they didn't. They offer a day of mayhem and as a result they make a serious profit. Everybody is happy except you.

Ill have to take your word about pres secondary school, don't know much about that to be honest.

Why should I stop calling it hell in a cell because you dont like it? . Hell in a cell is what a lot of people have been calling it..

Like i said in an earlier post. People like you should talk to Joe because you will get no satisfaction on a student forum

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Seriously there is just NO talking to you! Well if the raditor was ripped off and thrown on the ground in a packed bar, well then yes that would be painful for people. Start thinking outside the box will you?
    My view is that the pub welcomes this carry on.

At this point in time I'm assuming you're kidding because there is no way a bar would allow this behaviour to play out. Bouncers are there for a reason!
    Ill have to take your word about pres secondary school, don't know much about that to be honest.

Oh well then whatever secondary school they have in Togher etc.
    People like you should talk to Joe because you will get no satisfaction on a student forum

People like me? I'm just trying to figure out what would make a person crap in a glass and put it on the bar. Were the ques too long? Were the toilets out of order? You just like the idea that the B-Town "accepts" this kind of behaviour because it acts as a venue where you and your friends can carry out out this behaviour and think it will be overlooked. Self- respect and maturity clearly went out the window for you years ago!

Seriously there is just NO talking to you! Well if the raditor was ripped off and thrown on the ground in a packed bar, well then yes that would be painful for people. Start thinking outside the box will you?

When was a radiator ripped off and thrown to the ground? the radiator was kicked slightly off the wall(by some1 i had never met before) causing a spray of water to go up in the air which everybody who was in that section of the bar then started dancing under. RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT!!!!!! WE were lucky to come out of it alive........
    At this point in time I'm assuming you're kidding because there is no way a bar would allow this behaviour to play out. Bouncers are there for a reason!

The btown does allow this behaviour to play out. That is why there are qs to get in every xmas day. The crowds are not turning up to listen to enya and hold hands are they? People are there to spend a day drinking and to cut loose. So stop trying to dress it up differently.

Not from there either but whats wrong with Togher?
    People like me? I'm just trying to figure out what would make a person crap in a glass and put it on the bar. Were the ques too long? Were the toilets out of order? You just like the idea that the B-Town "accepts" this kind of behaviour because it acts as a venue where you and your friends can carry out out this behaviour and think it will be overlooked. Self- respect and maturity clearly went out the window for you years ago!
    [/quote]

Ya people like you.

I dont know why someone would crap in a glass, i have never done it. The BTown does accept this behavour. why do they still promote the event? why haven't they hire security to address the issue? Of Course they acept it. The money they make far outweighs any damage done to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Ignore him to be honest, clearly a Troll even if he doesn't think he is. Likes of you that gives CIT a bad name

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Ignore him to be honest, clearly a Troll even if he doesn't think he is. Likes of you that gives CIT a bad name

Once again its back to calling me a troll. I'm making very valid points and thats the best you can come up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

I can't really agree with that, he's entitled to his opinion and no matter how childish or misguided his opinion is, you can't just go calling him a troll and try to kick him off the board because you disagree with him. Try coming up with a proper argument maybe....

if you'd taken the time to scroll up you'd see my points.
    There was sex in gardens, drinking on the streets, we have all read the reports, we all know that its hell in a cell and thats why they will fill the btown again this year. People go to act the eejit and let go of common sense for a while.

do you agree with the people breaking into homes and wrecking gardens?? as happened around Rossa Ave last year...

edit: and stop calling it hell in a cell. it's like listening to my 8-year-old cousin talking about wrestling. hang on, are you my 8-year-old cousin?? that would explain a lot...

right, being from Togher, I have just taken serious offense to that. i suppose everyone from Togher is a scut are they?? what course are you doing?? if it's computers or engineering I can think of two lecturers off the top of my head who'd disagree with you, being from Togher and all. might i ask where you're from?? if you want we can meet up during the week, so you can see that people from Togher can actually be nice decent people (or so I'd like to consider myself) or would that be beyond your comprehension??

college should give us all an exam that evening. that would be the problem solved right there. anyone who'd skip an exam for it is the type of moron that would probably fail anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.