Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Voyager 210 & Netgear WGR614v7

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi

I hope someone here might be able to help me.

I have a BT Voayger 210 ASDL Modem/Router with a BT 3 MB download speed.
    When I connect my PC directly into the voyager and do I speed test I get around 2.5MB which is perfect.

When I switch the BT Voyager into Bridge mode so it is just acting as a modem so I can plug it into the internet port on my Netgear wireless router my speed drops to under 1mb and my Qos is terrible.

I have checked all cabling between modem and router and router PC so I know it's a configuration problem either on my modem or router.

Could they both be NATing?

If anyone has any suggestions of what I should be looking out for it would be a great help as it's driving me mad.

My Netgear router didn't have these problem when I was with digiweb wirless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you try doing it the other way around?
    ie, let the the voyager do the routing and put the Netgear into bridge mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭an_other

There isn't an option to turn off routing on my netgear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

an_other wrote: »
    There isn't an option to turn off routing on my netgear

You sure?
    Isn't there an option that says 'use router as DCHP server' (or similar) with a tick box beside it?
    If there is just untick the box for bridge mode.

Tried you using the voyager as my DHCP but I'm still having the same speed issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Leave the Voyager as normal, not bridged.

Turn off all of the security on the Netgear (Firewall etc.) and try it again.

Connect directly to the Netgear with a LAN cable and see if the speeds are the same because it could be the wireless.

• Advertisement

I am connected directly to the netgear with a cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Then follow my other step and disable all security on the Netgear and test again.

Can't even connect to the net when I have the voyager in normal mode & it plugged into my netgear's internet port.

I have switch off DCHP and firewall and everything on my netgear but I can't connect unless I plug the BT Voyager out of the internet port and plug it into one of the normal ports.

Plus the speed is still crap going through the netgear compared to plugging the voager in direct to the PC

Advertisement