Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warhammer in wexford

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

i recently started playing warhaammer 40k and so far i have found no one else that plays in wexford town so if there is anyone here or knows any one that plays any help would be grateful thanks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pau8lieskins

Your best bet is to put up advertisement in supermarkets to see if anyone does and perhaps try to start a group yourself because as far as i know there is none, I spent a few months working in a certain toy shop some years ago and tried to get them to stock it but no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 spungeofthedead

hy thanks man. yea toymaster used to stock a small amount but it didnt last to long. the closet thing i can find is a club in waterford but so far its me,a friend from work and maybe my cousin starting to play in wexford town. i bet people stopped playing here due to no shops stocking games workshop products which led to lack of activity of warhammer in wexford

bummer:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pau8lieskins

hy thanks man. yea toymaster used to stock a small amount but it didnt last to long. the closet thing i can find is a club in waterford but so far its me,a friend from work and maybe my cousin starting to play in wexford town. i bet people stopped playing here due to no shops stocking games workshop products which led to lack of activity of warhammer in wexford

bummer:(

Thats true enough places don't sell the stuff so people don't know about it, I remember ordering the Magic Gathering cards when I was working in a certain top shop (not toymasters) for locals who had started a group playing the game the management didn't bother with it they preferred Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh but Magic sold allright when i was working there.

aw you played Magic the Gathering card game?! i used to play that too it was brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

I used to play it 5/6 years back and there was a fairly large group of players. But due to not being able to get models easily and also the overpricing done by a certain toyshop who will remain nameless it died out. I was lucky when i played because there was a Warhammer club out in Castlebridge that used to attract 20+ people each night it was on so i was around for the peak. Games Workshop even included Wexford in its road shows in Ireland and i went to all of those, they were simply amazing games set up for us with games workshop standard painted models.

As far as i know the guy who set up the club just posted a few notices around the place and in his school and it took off from there. Maybe you could try the same as i have no idea how many players are left?

• Advertisement

i remember my uncle telling me about that club years ago

so far me and a friend from work have had to battles and they wern't that bad so far for beginners! but all are welcome to come join

just incase anyone wants to know readers paradise near redmond square are selling a small amount of warhammer stuff now.

i havnt gone there myself yet but will be soon

come on guys there has to be a few followers out there:D

come on guys there has to be a few followers out there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Readers Paradise does sell a lot of stuff now, they're down on Slaney Street beside the Dunnes in Redmond Square. They have plenty of paints, model sets, terrain stuff, glues, books and other stuff. I don't play it myself but I know friends who do, but they are in Waterford and Dublin so probably not much use. I know Readers Paradise wouldn't mind you puttin up an ad in there looking for people to form groups to play. You could email them, asking for Anna, at readersp@gmail.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Campbells Toy Shop in South St, New Ross also stock them, FWIW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

My brother and a few of his friends used to play it, and I think one of mine did too, I'll ask him, though he's up in Dublin now, should be back in a few days.

cool man. i was thinking of putting a battle report of a battle that we do like you see on youtube but it wont be 100% accurate like the other videos are. i will let ya know when i put it up

Sorry for brining up a old post but Gamers Planet is a shop in town now specially selling warhammer and other fantasy games as well as yugioh, magic the gathering and Pokemon tcg. there is a warhammer game night every Friday 6-10 all welcome beginners or more experienced players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

I remember the night out in Castlebridge, there used to be a pure decent crowd out there.

Good man Leigh, flying the flag! ;)

LEGEND!!.........................Fegal!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Hell, while this is still up I might as well mention that Bridge stores in New Ross also has a small selection of Warhammer. It's not as varied or as big as Campbells, but it's there if you wanna take a look at it.

It's on North street.

Advertisement