Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis Kang signs with the UFC

Options
  • 04-11-2008 1:22am

4 fight deal. All I can say is it's about damned time! Some great match ups in the UFC for him. And the UFC Middleweight division desperately needs a shake up.
    Veteran middleweight and long time top ten fighter, Denis Kang, has signed a new 4 fight deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as announced by American Top Team officials on Monday.

Kang has been a highly sought after free agent twice in the last 2 years. Once after Pride was bought out by Zuffa and the Canadian fighter opted to land with new Japanese promotion, Dream, while still fighting in his native land of Korea for the Spirit MC organization.

Just 2 weeks ago, Kang announced via MMAWeekly Radio that his contract with Dream was up and he was hoping to sign with a new promotion fairly quickly.

"If it's going to be an exclusive contract then pay me something that's going to make it worth my while to be exclusive and not fight anywhere else and not work anywhere else,” Kang said about whatever new promotion he signed with.

Unless something drastic changed, Kang will be with the UFC exclusively as the promotion is not usually in the business of signing open ended contracts.

In his last fight out, Kang knocked out former UFC middleweight, Marvin Eastman, while fighting under the flag of the RAW Combat promotion in Canada.

No word on when Kang may debut with the UFC, but stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more information on this story when it becomes available.

Linky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13148/ufc-inks-middleweight-denis-kang-to-four-fight-deal.mma

Denis Kang has signed a four fight deal and he'll be fighting as a middleweight. I know some people rate him really highly, but I don't. Still, he should have some decent fights with the guys in that division

It was reported a few weeks back that Yoshihiro Akiyama's contract with DREAM has expired and that the UFC are interested in bringing him in. He's another middleweight (and he's beaten Kang) and he's a guy who I'd be really excited to see in the UFC. He's one of the very top draws in Japan at the moment and he's overtaken Hong Man Choi as the top Korean draw and I've no doubt that he could become a big star in the US (as long as he gets to keep his entrance in some form :pac:)

The future of the EliteXC guys seems uncertain at the moment, with the company claiming that they're still going to put on shows, meaning that their fighters would be out of action until then, but Dana White has said that he wants to sign Robbie Lawler and Jake Shields

Lawler's another middleweight, I think that he'd fare better than Kang. He's a better fighter now than when he last fought in the UFC. Although do any of them really have a chance against Anderson Silva?!

Shields would do pretty well in the welterweight division I think. I rank him as one of the best in the world at that weight and I think that he'd give a lot of UFC guys trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Might want to merge this thread with mine :pac:

Done! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 lfc85

id like to see paulo filho vs. kang since wec are gettin rid of the middleweight division.
    i just hope the filho of old would turn up, he was a monster in pride

Advertisement