Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, blank screen on Radeon X1550.

Options
  • 04-11-2008 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I've a Fujitsu Siemens Pentium D 2.8ghz with a gig of ram and a Radeon X1550 512mb. PC posts fine then at the XP splash screen the monitor goes blank, for both an LCD and CRT. Screen doesn't go into standby, light stays green. Card only has a VGA port.

I can get to the desktop in safe mode and VGA mode. I can also view the desktop with VNC with a normal boot.

The machine has no onboard vga, at least nothing enabled as far as I can see. The port has a blankplate and there is nothing in the BIOS.

Have the latest driver.

In device manager there is two cards listed. "card name" and "card name secondary". I disabled secondary but that didn't help. Also tried adjusting refresh rate and resolution.

Would anyone have any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

After lots of deleting/reinstalling/rebooting it decided to play nice and work again.

Advertisement