Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Resubbed...again

• 04-11-2008 3:32am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, so i decided to resub again, and am going to jump straight into PvP to see if it keeps my attention this time. Unfortunatly, i'm in 0.0 space, in (or outside) my old corps station, and i'm guessing i have been kicked due to inactivity. It says "Scope Corporation" on the character selection screen, which afair is the starting corp. Whats worse, is i'm not 100% sure if i'm docked or not :o So, am i gonna get attacked for being a neutral in the system now?

Also (assuming i am docked and dont get blown up as soon as i login), is there any way to get me, and my Dominix, back to safe 'safe' space? Without simply making a run for it (which didnt go so well last time :()

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

You were kicked and will be attacked for being neutral. You will need a scout to get you out if you are not docked. Otherwise sell your ****, update your clone and pod yourself back to empire.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, i am docked, so i'm not dead yet. But unfortunatly, it seems i cant even sell my stuff. I dont have access to any of the station functions, as i'm not liked by the ceo. Cant insure or sell anything. I cant even fit warp stabilisers :pac: I'm gonna make a run for it straight after downtime tomorrow anyway...should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Use a contract to sell your stuff, perhaps sell the domi and mods together as a cheap package then pod to empire. Running from 0.0 to Empire in a non-stabbed battleship is incredibly unlikely to end in anything other than an exploded battleship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

You could always contact your previous CEO and ask to get back in again, even if just to move your stuff out.

I got sick of waiting for someone that i actually knew from the guild to come online, so i made a run for it after downtime. Unsurprisingly, I didnt make it. Was 2 jumps away from "safety", and i got killed by some pirate. Actually managed to avoid dying in the bottleneck systems, so i thought i was ok :( Still, I got the basic 25mill insurance for my ship, so i can start over again. Gonna go back to basics now, and get myself a cruiser to relearn the game. Then i'm gonna get myself an expendable frigate/cruiser to annoy people with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Kiith wrote: »
    I got sick of waiting for someone that i actually knew from the guild to come online,.

Fail....

Ah **** off :p

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah **** off :p

You sir.....have made a powerful enemy today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Glippo wrote: »

QFT, his mates can afford to lose titans like battleships. Be afraid.

EDIT - Bastard SIGPO finally got me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Glippo wrote: »

This is maximally intimidating.

AHAHAHAHA see what I did there?

• Advertisement

Statso wrote: »
    QFT, his mates can afford to lose titans like battleships. Be afraid.

The best part about this statement is....it's true.....paradoxically it's also the worst part
    Zillah wrote: »
    This is maximally intimidating.

AHAHAHAHA see what I did there?

I see

So, for the first time in quite a while, i am actually enjoying Eve, and will be keeping my subscription. Surprise surprise, its the PvP that has me hooked. A few more questions though...

1. Does salvaging ever cause aggression? I just wonder, as i was thinking of just flying around trying to steal some salvaging after fleet fights. I know its frowned on to do it during a fight, but after it would be ok, ya? And can you make good money from the wrecks of actual players? NPC wrecks are nice enough, but i'm assuming player ones are better.

2. While i enjoy the Gallente FW combat, i figure its about time to move out to 0.0 and do some real pvp'ing. How similar is it to the new FW? It seems that no one is ever willing to risk a good ship in combat in the milita, and its always a bunch of firgates, thorax's and the occasional battleship that are used. Also, in most of the bigger corps/alliances, is there always fighting going on? I can never seem to get in any decent fights at off peak hours (damn shift work). Finally, is it all just gate camping, or are there proper roaming ops?

3. I keep hearing that stealth bombers are useless....are they? Surely they are good scouts if nothing else?

4. I'm assuming that even in the biggest of fleet fights, you'd still have plenty of smaller tacklers flying about. Are they used a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

1. Does salvaging ever cause aggression?

No salvaging doesnt flag you to the "owner" of the wreak. Hence its a great way to grief mission runners. Taking loot from a wreak does flag you though.
    2. While i enjoy the Gallente FW combat, i figure its about time to move out to 0.0 and do some real pvp'ing. How similar is it to the new FW?

Uh, the majority of 0.0 corps are 80% noobs and carebears so its not all that different. Fleet organisation tends to be slightly better, FCs tend to be more experienced, and usually people bring basically okay ships for the job. Blobs happen of course. Roams are also decent, but youll usually have to go a long way as 0.0 organisations tend to blue everything inside 60 jumps. And then bitch with each other over whose got the longest blue list. If you want to do solo's youll want a recon, so you can AFK cloak in a hostile system and pick off the morons who mine with you in local.
    3. I keep hearing that stealth bombers are useless....are they? Surely they are good scouts if nothing else?

Eh, all ships are useless. Everyone is thinking about some particular role or job when they brand a ship as being useless. Stealth bombers arent solopwnmobiles, so theyre "useless" for some

But in a particular role doing a particular job theyre awesome. Like any ship. They can provide a fair amount of alpha in a frigate sized package.

In terms of scouting....meh, theyre acceptable - id prefer a cov-ops, or failing that a fast aligning inty or frigate even.
    4. I'm assuming that even in the biggest of fleet fights, you'd still have plenty of smaller tacklers flying about. Are they used a lot?

The best tackler for fleet fights in 0.0 are light dictors - fleets never have enough dictors. If you want to do 0.0, light dictors are your best bet as they will probably be reimbursed by most competent alliances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How are bombers now with the missile change? Do they still retain the ability to pwn frigs etc in a volley?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

How are bombers now with the missile change? Do they still retain the ability to pwn frigs etc in a volley?

Far as i know with the missle changes the bombers can be a bit hit n miss when it comes to pwning smaller ships..

Havn't flown em since the patch so can't speak authoritatively on it tho :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

How are you getting on so far since your return Kiith?

Enjoying it a lot more this time around. The plan had been to get into PvP more, and i did while i was still in Empire (Gallente vs. Caldari), but then joined a proper Corp and tried it out. Found fleet fights were, well, pretty crap as i get a fair bit of slowdown, and as my skills arent the best (targetting range, guns range etc) and the majority of fleet fights are at +100k, i cant really do much.

Still enjoying the game though. Doing some ratting, defense ops (with my beloved blaster boats), and recently got my t2 heavy drones and HAC's trained. Account is inactive atm, as we dont have internet access in my new apartment, but will resub once its installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

You might want to try a small gang corp or an active antipirate corp for small gang engagements and roams through low sec. I think you'd enjoy it.

I was thinking i'd just move back to lowsec for a while when i resub, and try to be a complete prick for a few days. See how that goes. I have a fair bit of cash to burn, so it might be fun.

Advertisement