Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some banking questions

Options
  • 04-11-2008 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

OK
    Firstly I was wondering is the annual government change of 30euro on the Mastercard effective if the credit card was never used?

Yes.
    Secondly I have a few direct debits that are taken out of my current account monthly and weekly, I was wondering is it possible to set up another account linked to my current account where I can manually put money in each week and then set all my direct debit payments to be taken out of this account?

Simply open up a second account and setup both accounts for online banking. If you setup the accounts in the same bank (AIB), your transfer will be instant, whereas if you setup the second account in a different bank, you need a to factor in a lead time of up to five days. (In practice 1-2 days, but just to be sure!)

You will probably need to sign new mandates for many of, if not all, the direct debits you are thinking of transferring into the secondary account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

From the Revenue website
    Revenue wrote:
    What if I received a credit card or charge card but never used it? If the credit card account is closed never having been used, no stamp duty is payable provided that you close the account in the same period as it was opened.

So, If you only happened to get the card since last April, and cancel it before next April, then you're OK. Otherwise - tough toilet. You can't plead with the bank on this one, as it's nothing to do with them. They merely collect it on behalf of the governement, and if they tried in anyway to help you on it, the tabloids would be blasting them for tax evasion etc.

Everything else as per kaiser sauze

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement