Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancelling test

Options
  • 04-11-2008 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is up or has been raised before, got my test date for next month but i unfortunatly cant make it on the day, if i cancel the test using the email/fax/voicemail service do i have to reschedule the test again myself or is it automatically rescheduled if i put in the cancellation email that i can do it any other time?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Once you give 10 days notice, you can reschedule for 6 weeks later or a sooner date if they have a cancellation (if you haven't used up the 3 opportunities you have to reschedule). You can also cancel and receive a full refund but you'll have to rebook and go through it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AW1111

Hello,
    I called and cancelled my test date (Aug 6th in Rathgar) and got a letter shortly afterward aknowledging my cancellation and stating "Your application is still valid and another test appointment will be issued to you in due course", however, I'm still waiting.
    Test waiting times are meant to be down to 8weeks, but I'm waiting nearly twice that.
    I emailed them last week, but got no response yet. I will call on Monday. Seems strange that they haven't reissued a second test by now. Anyone else lest waiting so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Who are you dealing with? RSA or SGS? With SGS, ring them and they'll give you a test date for within the next 6 weeks - possibly if you ring them early enough they could have a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AW1111

Dealing with RSA, test was scheduled for Rathgar. Tried to reapply online but my details weren't recognised. Anyway, I think I'll need to call them at this stage - by the sounds of things I might need to clear a few hours for the phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AW1111 wrote: »
    Test waiting times are meant to be down to 8weeks, but I'm waiting nearly twice that
    The average waiting time is 8 weeks. Some people have been called in a few days.

Give then a call and tell them you are willing to be tested at short notice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

AW1111 wrote: »
    Test waiting times are meant to be down to 8weeks, but I'm waiting nearly twice that.
    My friend applied for her test on October 27th and got a letter yesterday calling her for Raheny on December 3rd. She's freaking out now! :eek:

Advertisement