Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Results thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Euronews has the worst coverage ever, what a load of rubbish from a rubbish channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

ya but imagine how much of a license fee we would be paying to give rte a magic wall like cnn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

fox are now ignoring the presidential race to focus on the much more important senate races. Have hardly mentioned Pennsylvania

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

kerry4sam wrote: »
    would ya glance at the sad state of affairs on RTE ... fill ya with pride eh

Looks like they still have the set from Hall's Pictorial Weekly back in 1979. No feckin' hologram reporter-girls there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

ky have Eddie Izzard now, I think that wee Republican girl threw herself off that building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

marco_polo wrote: »
    No need to be rude. My point was meerly that he has a very firm sentimental attachment to NH, although the recent polls were well in Obamas Favour and he may not have expected to win, it will hurt.

Its like the time we had that election for student president in school. I voted for myself, but when the results came out it turned out to be the only vote I got. That hurt. Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

the really old guy on bbc talking now sounds like the guy from Unsolved Mysteries!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

would ya glance at the sad state of affairs on RTE ... fill ya with pride eh

Shameful ... Cant believe how stupid they sound compared to the BBC ...

PA Obamas

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

after the years of getting to this night ... It's amazing how fast people now want it over ... slow the results; make it last a little longer :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fox are now ignoring the presidential race to focus on the much more important senate races. Haven't hardly mentioned Pennsylvania

...well it is Fox, the sad Republican bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Right now BBC are calling it:

Obama 103 McCain 49.

They call Obama to win PA, VT, CT, DC, IL, and things are getting a little crazy a little early.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,916 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Huggles wrote: »
    I think that wee Republican girl threw herself off that building
    Can imagine her shouting on the way down...

"IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD.. BUT I'M OPTIMISTIC THAT THE GROUND HAS A NICE HARD SURFACE... ALL IN ALL, I'M OPTIMISTIC... AHHHH... AHHHH.. FEED ME MORE RITALIN!"

after the years of getting to this night ... It's amazing how fast people now want it over ... slow the results; make it last a little longer :D

If it was 2pm yeah, but 2am...nooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

the really old guy on bbc talking now sounds like the guy from Unsolved Mysteries!
    Thank you! That was on the tip of my tongue but could recall the name of the show. He sounds exactly like him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The real story here is that the Democrats are set to have control of both houses. That effectively means they can pass whatever laws and bills that they want without pandering to Republicans.

This is huge considering that a lot of people expected Republicans to hold the Senate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

CNN live just died on me. Perhaps a sign that I should go sleep. Murphy's law says as soon as I do the baby will wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

He just called New Hampshire North Hampshire *sigh*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

peanuthead wrote: »
    PA Obamas

Yeah PA absolutely has to be in the bag now. I had it marked out for the past half an hour. But BBC are calling fast.
    I wonder if its fast and loose.
    Am I right in thinking that the projected results on states are being shown before the polls close in other states?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

just broke my diet with a big bowl of cereal - needed some fuel to keep going - where are the results?

• Advertisement

The real story here is that the Democrats are set to have control of both houses. That effectively means they can pass whatever laws and bills that they want without pandering to Republicans.

This is huge considering that a lot of people expected Republicans to hold the Senate.

Yea, no filibusters for a while! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

any tips to keep me awake all night would be appreciated. I don't drink coffee.

just broke my diet with a big bowl of cereal - needed some fuel to keep going - where are the results?

102/49
    Source: http://abcnews.go.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Huggles wrote: »
    Sky have Eddie Izzard now, I think that wee Republican girl threw herself off that building

Say it ain't so?! I was getting oddly attracted to her peevish little plastic head. Always had a weakness for that type...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Senate currently standing at
    D 47 - R 30

longest growing thread.....ever

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

cornbb wrote: »
    He just called New Hampshire North Hampshire *sigh*

Robert Stack I think is the name of the unsolved mysteries host he is a vocal doppelganger of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Say it ain't so?! I was getting oddly attracted to her peevish little plastic head. Always had a weakness for that type...:D

Wot! :eek:

Gimp lover! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Originally Posted by whatawaster View Post
    any tips to keep me awake all night would be appreciated. I don't drink coffee.

Poke your head out the window every ten minutes and shout I LOVE YOU AMERICA ...

Advertisement