Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Results thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Why is Obama on 206 on CNN, 207 elsewhere?

Because they are taking into account the "There's always one" factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

207 129 msnbc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I just heard this on CNN - Obama studied Regan. :eek:

Back to the 80's??? :confused::confused::eek:

Reganomics??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Iowa to Obama. Game set and match. All he needs is the west coast. They are already blue states. He can afford to lose out on the battleground states.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SofaK wrote: »
    Just going by the BBC numbers there.

Looks like Obama just needs 8 more electoral votes and then obviously he has California to make the 270.

He has those easily in the Pacific states so its only a formality at this stage,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

amacachi wrote: »
    Ever hear of a bad winner?

George Bush?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Why is Obama on 206 on CNN, 207 elsewhere?

Perhaps they have called different states as winners I would imagine

EDIT OR they can't count :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

My old stomping ground Virginia is tighter than a Scotsman's purse strings -

BBC are reporting 50/50 with 80% precints reporting
    RTÉ website (very impressed) is reporting 50/49 with 83% reporting
    CNN website is reporting 50/50 with 83% reporting

Here are more of the BBC predictions at 10pm ET with the midwest states closed.

Iowa (7) - Obama
    Utah (5) - McCain

RTÉ are calling it 206 - 135 to Obama at the moment. BBC are calling it 207 - 135.

BBC are reporting Florida has had 65% of precints declared, and it 51% Obama, 48% McCain, and 1% other.

This is post # 999 so I think I'll be saving the 1000th for a big one.;)

John Bolton on BBC 1 is very entertaining at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

leincar wrote: »
    Iowa to Obama. Game set and match. All he needs is the west coast. They are already blue states. He can afford to lose out on the battleground states.

this election was over nearly 2 hours ago. once he was competitive in indiana (even though he may or may not win it) it was goodnight irene

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

juvenal wrote: »

RTÉ are calling it 206 - 135 to Obama at the moment. BBC are calling it 207 - 135.

where's the floating vote from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Axwell wrote: »
    He has those easily in the Pacific states so its only a formality at this stage,

McCain is on low thirties in the three main east cost states according to exit polls but so no doubt whatsover.

Arkansas for McCain fortunately for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

McCain Mississippi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Wow that is one sour republican on BBC at the minute.. Not heading to Colorado any time soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DavidLive

Apparently the mood is changing in the McCain supporters base in Arizona, so they definitely know what's going on.

Upto ten minutes ago, they were not being given any information, but now it's getting slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Bolton = Legend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

http://edition.cnn.com/

what's going on with the electoral votes on cnn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Bolton still going mad on BBC at the moment. such a bad loser

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Bolton :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I wanna stab John Bolton in the moustache. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Bolton calling for a (different) BBC reporter to be fired.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm proper sleepy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Seeing him lose it is the highlight for me so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

damnit, I hope someone puts the bolton bit on youtube tomorrow. cant be bothered going into the kitchen to watch tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

http://edition.cnn.com/

what's going on with the electoral votes on cnn?

CNN is gone to pot!

Bolton on BBC is in a league of his own!

Sky news are giving as much coverage of all areas as best as possible I think.

The Republican party is wallowing in depression right now and Chicago Grant Park folk are very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

machalla wrote: »
    Wow that is one sour republican on BBC at the minute.. Not heading to Colorado any time soon!

To be fair, the reporter was sort of in the wrong, he was pushing too much on recent history when the speaker was pointing out that before recent times Colarado was very democratic.

What was very sour was the demand that the reporter should be fired in the discussion after the interview, that was childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Obama 3 ahead of McCain in Florida after 65% precincts counted. If it stays that way after 75% we should see a Obama projections coming in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im waiting for John Boltons head to explode, hes getting redder in the face as the night goes on, the reporter a few minutes ago nearly put him over the edge :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Someone shoot the old glasses wearing fart on BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah, like I said earlier, he's a d1ckhead. I don't care if people call me a bad winner - Bolton is a seriously bad loser... he argued with the female reporter earlier and then he criticised the reporter in Colorado for arguing with the Republican guy.

He's an a55hole. Anyone defending Bolton, remember he's the one who basically gave two fingers to the UN over Iraq. Great to see him suffer now - the last flapping and thrashing of a dying fish.

As we say in Waterford, fvck him if he can't take a joke!!! :D

Advertisement